Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 09:49:29 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSX Intake Manifold DIY / Q & A  (Read 173545 times)
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2010, 03:03:03 PM »

How do you tell apart an 04-05 IM from 06-08?

I found someone on K20a for an IM but he hasn't a clue which one it is

here are the pics:
I have this one that i pulled off my k24.. if your interested let me know what it is worth to you.

It comes with fuel rail but no injectors.

also comes with the throttle body.

A S I M O
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2010, 03:05:21 PM »

Part # should be stamped on the IM

For 2003-2005 Accords:

TSX Intake Manifold - 17110-RBB-000

For 06+ Accords:

TSX Intake Manifold - 17110-RBB-A00
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2010, 10:41:50 PM »

That's not a TSX IM.  It has a cable TB.  All TSX TB's are DBW.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2010, 08:42:55 AM »

Turns out that had part number RAA

A S I M O
Autodesigner3
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2010, 03:17:52 PM »

Hey guys I just installed my TSX IM yesterday and I can tell theres a power difference but did you guys do anything else...what i mean is do I need to change the injector base at all or is it the same on both cars? The only difference I can tell is that when I'm driving and take off from a rolling start it has more power other than that nothing else really changed.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2010, 03:27:06 PM »

You don't need to change the base. Just swap IMs and keep on rockin...
Autodesigner3
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2010, 04:06:03 PM »

Quote from: "slipkord"
You don't need to change the base. Just swap IMs and keep on rockin...

cool thanx
Jellynuts

Reputation Power: 2
Jellynuts pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2010, 01:19:32 AM »

Quote from: "Asim"
How do you tell apart an 04-05 IM from 06-08?

By the book:
The 04-05 IM throttle opening has a diameter of 60mm.
The 06-08 IM throttle opening has a diameter of 64mm.

I don't think that will make a difference in performance for the Accord, unless you've bored out your Throttle Body to match the diameter.  

A more obvious difference is that the throttle body openings are different between the two.  
The 04-05 IM throttle opening has somewhat of a rectangular shape routed out, making it key shaped.
The 06-08 IM throttle opening is a circle.  

My question is, what purpose does that key shape on the 04-05 IM serve?  I've noticed this design on the stock Accord IM's, and gaskets as well.  

PS.  More info and pics can be found here:  http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-engine/42435-tsx-intake-manifold-mods-4.html#post632040
(The IM with the Throttle body studs is the 04-05, and is in fact, the one that Tim sold me.  You can't tell how clean it is, but heck, that IM's getting famous, Tim!)

2005 TSX 6MT
2005 I4 Coup EXL (totaled)
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2010, 03:02:45 PM »

The reason for the "key" shaped hole is because the Accord uses an IACV on the TB.  The TSX doesn't use that, so that's why there is a mystery about it being on the TSX IM.  How is the IM famous?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2010, 05:00:57 PM »

http://www.customcarscentral.com/skr307 ... a-tsx.html

Might be another option that I just found.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »

Holy fucking expensive batman. Would it fit in our bays? That one just goes straight out instead of going down like ours. I think I remember reading somewhere that those Skunk2 intake manifolds are no good for low end torque, and the only increase you can get is past the RPM range our cars can handle. I would take a $60 TSX IM over a $500 Skunk2 IM any day, haha.

Tim, I'd also like to point out that the part number for the 06-07 Accord throttle body gasket is 16176-RTA-004, and the 03 sealing cap is 90634-PA0-000. That part of the guide hasn't been updated.

If anyone's around the Winter Haven / Lakeland area in FL, I'd be more than willing to help you out. I've still got an extra 03-05 throttle body gasket because the one on my car stayed intact.

Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2010, 05:52:49 PM »

Oh I would take the OEM one over that too, but if people are looking for the most gains possible that may be an option. Plus, I'm curious to see if it would fit Smiley.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2010, 09:25:51 AM »

It would bolt on/ fit without a problem but with our stock engines, you'd lose power and not be able to use that manifold to its potential. That maniold is designed for high RPM performance where our stock k24a4/8 engines fall flat on their face. Now, others that swapped their heads/ engines out (Tim, Skip, Blinx) would benefit from this if they were sticking with an NA setup. If Tim were to ever hand his SC over to me, this would be a good NA upgrade for him.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2010, 09:36:13 AM »

If you think the Skunk2 is expensive, then don't look at the IPS intake manifold.

Tim
pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2010, 12:01:31 PM »

Does anyone know where i can get a tsx intake manifold?Huh?
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012