Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 09:33:36 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Fitness Thread  (Read 167414 times)
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 04:02:07 PM »

I usually maintain a healthy 185, and dropped to 172 when I was hospitalized. Lost 7 units of blood and 13 lbs of weight. I was a skinny ghost LOL. Already at 178, I am targeting 190 lean now. It's not uncommon for me to gain 10lbs in a month. I just have to kick my own ass in the gym and eat like a horse.

xodus

Reputation Power: 1
xodus pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 04:15:01 PM »

some awesome stories... p90x does work great my one friend lost 45 lbs so far and hes still going... THis just makes me want to hit the gym... But yet i cant anymore

LS2 GTO =)
ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 04:21:33 PM »

Quote from: "v6sicksspeed"
ive got a couple of friends that did the P90x thing and they all had great things to say about it too.  i ripped the DVD's but never ended up doing anything about it because i dont have any room for a weight set in my apt.  ROLO what extras do you need to get for the P90X to work properly?

ive always been a healthy eater, which im fortunate for and ive recently gotten into running and doing yoga.  dont knock it until youve tried it.  ambition is a hard thing to work up, but 100% of the time im done with a run, biking, workout or yoga session i feel a million times better than i did and am stoked for doing it.  its about how you feel AFTER, not BEFORE.  mind over matter...

I follow the P90X routine regimen day by day... it's a schedule you do each day 7 days a week (1 hour to 1.5 hours a day)... mix of cardio, martial arts, yoga, kempo , plyometrics... I don't do anything extra... all you need is a pull up bar, which you can buy at target, wallmart, sport auth, etc... and some weights.. you looking for cuts get some low weights 10-20lbs.. you looking for size get 25 to 45lbs.. I wants cuts.. I've always had size... but never cuts which is why my body looks completely different now.. even my clothes are different now.. I use to rock baggy everything.. my wife bought me a decent Lacoste shirt not to tight.. not to huge like before.. it looks mad nice.. all the broads here in the office have been complementing me.. your overall attitude changes... I went to a lounge on Friday w/ some co workers and females was cracking neck right and left... feels good to know RoLO still got it... even doe I'm faithfull to my wife...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 07:53:04 AM by ROLO » Logged
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2009, 04:30:16 PM »

Quote from: "xodus"
lacking motivation is mainly everyone's problem that wants to be in shape. What you have to do is just go in, and do it on your own and not rely on someone else because if you do , when they decide to not go as much or completely stop then your time of going will be reduced also, since your dependent on someone else. What you can first do is take a multivitamin, that will will help you to feel better,a proper diet, get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, and proper hydration because it is an important component of just about every function that takes place within us, water is the major part of our saliva, stool, and urine and it also cushions and lubricates brain and joint tissue. It transports nutrients and carries waste away from body cells, and it helps regulate body temperature by distributing heat and cooling the body through perspiration (blood is 83 percent water, muscles are 76 percent water and even 22 percent of bones is water. So average water intake would be half your body weight plus ten ounces. If not a gallon of water a day is perfect. If you want some nutrition tips and work outs let me know.

Sorry I missed this but thanks for the water tip! I thought I was overdoing it at one glass of water per hour of the day.

xodus

xodus pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2009, 04:42:14 PM »

no, as long as you dont flood your body your good , cause you can drown your self.

LS2 GTO =)
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2009, 04:46:25 PM »

^That may be correct but I dont think I can drink 90lbs of water a day! How many normal size bottles of water would that be!?

Edit: Alright so according to wiki answers there is 16 ounces in a pound. So 16oz x 90lbs= 1,440 oz divided by 9oz(size of a water bottle I think)= 160 bottles of water a day! Either I'm stupid and did all that completely wrong or....

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
xodus

xodus pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2009, 05:01:29 PM »

haha it is true... its water intoxicatoin and hyponatremia.. its commonly seen in athletes,it results when a dehydrated person drinks too much water without the accompanying electrolytes. But it is caused by how fast you drink it, not by how much really because some days you need more than others depending on what your activity it is,how hot, or even how much water loss you have had, so as long as it is spread out you would be fine. Plus i mean its such an uncommon thing to happen, but it does. So its just something to tell people so atleast there aware and dont go drinking an alot in one take. Since i doubt people want to feel the same effect as being drowned because that is what is simulated.

LS2 GTO =)
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2009, 05:02:33 PM »

^ it roughly translates to 1 gallon/hour... for 24 straight hours.  

its physically impossible for 99.99999% of the world, however there are diseases and imbalances where the person feels absolutely absolutely parched and thirsty, no matter how much water they drink.

J u s t i n
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2009, 05:04:25 PM »

You're thinking of the wrong ounces Derrick. What you need to calculate is fluid ounces. I could do the now but I'm currently using my iPhone as I type this.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
xodus

xodus pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2009, 05:04:50 PM »

Healthy kidneys are able to excrete approximately 1 liter of fluid per hour.  which a litre per hour is very easy to drink. so to flood your body would be easy

edit ::: which 1 litre in fluid ounces is only 34 fluid ounces

LS2 GTO =)
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2009, 05:16:58 PM »

Ok, so I am an idiot. LOL!!!! Alright so with me being 180lbs how many bottles of water a day should I be drinking?

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
xodus

xodus pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2009, 05:25:10 PM »

its on the first post of mine... A good rule of thumb is to drink at least 1 ounce of water per every 2 pounds of body weight.... but i would say 100 ounces a day since your 180 and half of that would be 90 plus 10 ounces.

LS2 GTO =)
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2009, 05:29:37 PM »

Alright so that's about 10 bottles... Yeah I saw when you said a gallon but it seemed like a general suggestion so I figured I'd ask for my specific body weight. Thanks bro.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
xodus

xodus pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2009, 05:33:57 PM »

no problem

LS2 GTO =)
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2009, 05:35:28 PM »

You guys and your math, my head hurts!
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012