Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:07:13 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: Transmission Fluid Change  (Read 34353 times)
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »

I figure it should be easy enough. I'm just waiting for my filter to come in at this point. I'm just trying to figure out how much to put in there, because I know all 3 quarts won't fully drain in the 30 mins. that I let it drain. I'm just not  wanting to overfill since I don't want to go through the process of taking out fluid twice. Also, direction of flow for the filter is towards the firewall correct?

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 09:33:37 AM »

Yes, the flow goes to the firewall. When I drained my fluid, It filled three 1-quart bottles of the empty Z1 almost to the brim. So I'd say that it's about 3.5 quarts.

What I did my first time was drained it, then filled in 3 quarts, drove it around for 5 minutes, then put in another .5 quarts if I thought that it was too low.

Also, when you put the Magnefine filter in, you'll need to strap it down using two zip-ties. I put the filter in while the fluid was draining.

Good luck.

CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 10:18:38 AM »

Thank for all the help. Picking up my transmission funnel in between classes later and a container to store the liquid in. Then its playing the waiting game for the filter. I have a feeling I'm going to be doing this in the frigid cold this weekend, but that fluid is nasty LOL.

Eric.
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2010, 08:02:43 PM »

Hello once again! I managed to change the fluid which was NASTY. I wasn't able to get to the filter though. I tried, but had no tools to take off those annoying ass clips. Any tips? Want to get it changed as soon as possible and I don't want to take it to a mechanic.

Eric.
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2010, 08:05:43 PM »

I just used a regular pair of pliers... They were a wide kind though. If you can't reach the clip part of the clamp, just use some needle nose pliers to spin it around. That's what I did. Channel lock pliers should work as well.

CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2010, 08:46:39 PM »

Quote from: "Jeff"
I just used a regular pair of pliers... They were a wide kind though. If you can't reach the clip part of the clamp, just use some needle nose pliers to spin it around. That's what I did. Channel lock pliers should work as well.

I couldn't maneuver shit in there LOL. I tried some vice grips and nothing. Going to try when it's warmer out, I guess filter change will have to wait a few weeks.

Eric.
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2010, 08:50:33 PM »

Did you remove your intake? I found it to be easier after I removed my SRI.

CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2010, 08:53:56 PM »

Quote from: "Jeff"
Did you remove your intake? I found it to be easier after I removed my SRI.

I wanted to do it without doing that, but that's what I'm going to do for next time. It's going to be cold for the next week or so, so it'll have to wait if I'm going to be removing the intake.

Eric.
status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010, 11:59:49 PM »

so where is the fill hole on a 4cl 5mt sedan?

-Alec
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2010, 12:01:20 AM »

Above the drain hole.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
status

GOMD

status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2010, 12:50:27 AM »

do i have to pump it it or just fill it?

-Alec
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2010, 07:40:35 AM »

There's no real way to fill it unless you have a fluid pump.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2010, 08:26:48 AM »

I don't know if this would work on an Accord but, when I used to change the MT fluid on toyota's I used a squirt top bottle with a piece of hose. I would put the hose into the filler hole and go from there.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2010, 10:02:08 AM »

I kind of do the same except with an actual funnel and have a long hose attched to the bottom. The way I have that funnel set up is I can have it sit at the brake MC and pour fluid comfortably.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
status

GOMD

status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2010, 11:38:31 AM »

thanks for the info guys. i just dont understand how i would pump it in.? and with what?

-Alec
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012