Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:26:49 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: p2135 CEL yesterday  (Read 3113 times)
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: August 02, 2009, 09:44:03 AM »

pretty much a mile from home when i got off 95...i'm in 3rd gear at about 40mph and my car just bogged, TCS, the little exclamation mark and check engine light come on and my car starts running like **** and wouldnt move when i hit the gas. i shut the car off and start it and only the CEL is on. i shut it off and turn it to IGN to put my codescanner on it and i get the p2135 code. i clear it and drive way and car is normal. doesnt happen again. i googled it and it said its a Throttle Position Sensor? i tried various honda forums and parts websites but couldnt find the part for a 7th gen. has anyone had this problem before? if so, what was the outcome? what was done?

(this is a copy paste from v6p..this happened like 2 weeks ago)

update: this happened again last night on the highway when i was going 70mph. now what do i do? do i need to buy this part and get it swapped out!?

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 09:50:17 AM »

The same happened to me. I believe it threw the same code as well. I had bad gas, I topped off with Shell gas and didn't do it again.
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 11:02:39 AM »

ah damn i just realized the last time i got gas was at a place i normally dont get gas. i didnt drive my car for 2 days (drove my gfs) so i need to drive it for some time today after i get off work. did you reset the battery or new gas do the trick?

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 12:07:39 PM »

New gas did the trick, iboth times it happened I was on the interstate on cruise and went to hit the gas to pass and it just bogged down and nothing. I eased it down to the next exit, filled up a few gallons and let it run, then was fine.

That's why I try and full up at either shell or chevron, I hope bad gas is the cause here, GL bro
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 01:05:05 PM »

Just a FYI, your car doesn't have a TPS because you have a DBW TB.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 01:24:48 PM »

what gas station did you get gas from ?

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012