Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:59:53 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navigation Errors? - Alpine FTW!  (Read 2725 times)
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2009, 06:44:25 PM »

as some of you know my DVD rom started saying "disc read error" on my nav screen up front. i started troubleshooting it by resetting battery, unplugging nav unit, and plugging everything back in and reconnecting battery. no luck. then i tried a co workers dvd from his 05 TL (somehow he happened to have the same orange disc as me, just an updated disc [3.60]) and it still said the same thing. i called honda and they wanted a flat rate of $92.50 plus hourly rate. i figured they'd blame it on my tv/nav interface so said F it and looked around on ebay. i found a guy on ebay who said he would repair it for $250 w/ 6month warranty. then i remember that Alpine is the one who actually makes the navigation for our cars. i called them up and they said $158 with 90 day warranty....so a week later and my nav is back and working 100%! oh yeah, i kept the updated disc lol. no errors so if anyone ever has this problem. definitely call up Alpine. they fixed it the same day they received it and shipped it out the following monday and i got it the following friday. extremely fast and definitely worth it!!

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 10:39:07 PM »

Alpine can sometimes be good like that.  Their customer service does lack some important qualities though.  I have an Alpine navi in my car, and I think I called like 3 or 4 times before they were convinced that my BlackBird needed a repair and I didn't do anything wrong.  Considering that I explained my entire set up/scenario, provide technical support for a home theater company, and a MECP licensed installer, I think I should have been able to get a resolution on the first attempt.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 11:03:52 PM »

when i have to call companies that i actually SELL and INSTALL their product, i let them know who i am, what i do and where i work. if they try to BS me i'll tell a lie and be like "well you know your 'product' is junk and i make sure not to sell it" then they'll be like "oh wait what did u need sir?"

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 10:17:01 AM »

You've got PM. Yup, I sure did bump this thread. Good thing we have a forum like this, where we can all help each other out. Mine is doing the same thing. I just tried taking it apart and cleaning the unit. If that does not fix it, off to Alpine it goes. Just need to get the contact information from you.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 10:34:57 AM »

I have Alpine's tech support on speed dial.  The BlackBird that I had repaired last year is currently at Alpine for a 2nd repair.  Again, it was a chore to actually reach the point where they said, "send it in so we can fix it".  I hate to say it, but Alpine's products are starting to lack the quality they once had and if their support does not improve, they will lose me as a customer.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012