Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:28:52 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Hope for better steering response  (Read 5568 times)
Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2009, 11:05:45 AM »

Before i got my 2004 Honda Accord i had a 2000 ford focus...Although that car was not fast (because of the the 8V SOHC SPI engine) it handled like a champ thanks in part to the KYB AGX and Eibach Sportline Springs.

i use to take the car to the track in valdosta and autocross... the steering response was real good
i was wondering if you guys had the same problem with the accord. So far as suspension ugrades i have
Koni Cup Kit
TL- Rear Sway Bar  

here are some of the options that i am considering
Cusco type II Lower Brace
TL-S front sway bar
Neuspeed Upper Brace

Help anyone

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 07:47:33 PM »

Get it all.
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 08:19:42 PM »

The lower brace is useless, the TL-S front sway will balance you out quite a bit and mega reduce body roll.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 09:25:25 PM »

i found alittle bit better steering response time when i installed the tl-s front sway.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 11:33:43 PM »

I have the TL-S front sway bar, V6 6MT STB, Neuspeed STB, and Cusco Type II brace.  I have found that after each upgrade, there was a difference.  When another member, who does not have any front suspension upgrades, drove my car, he commented about how it felt "tighter" than his car.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Fenix

Reputation Power: 4
Fenix pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 12:02:13 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I have the TL-S front sway bar, V6 6MT STB, Neuspeed STB, and Cusco Type II brace.  I have found that after each upgrade, there was a difference.  When another member, who does not have any front suspension upgrades, drove my car, he commented about how it felt "tighter" than his car.

:o you let people drive your car?

Quote from: timot_one
I'll let you guys know that I can only tolerate so much douchebaggery
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 09:53:48 PM »

having a UR pulley kit might also make the steering feel "tighter" because of the 20% decrease in power steering. that would also be excellent on the freeways

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 10:53:30 PM »

I let him drive it because I can't tune kpro and drive at the same time.  More importantly, I trust him.

Quote from: "fabulous010"
having a UR pulley kit might also make the steering feel "tighter" because of the 20% decrease in power steering. that would also be excellent on the freeways

The UR under drive pulleys only under drive components by 10%.  The power steering pump working at 90% capacity never made a noticeable difference to me, nor should it.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
rsabboud
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
rsabboud pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 12:45:37 AM »

I've been considering options to quicken the steering on my car as well. Does anyone know if the steering rack from the tsx would work with the steering column in the Accord? The columns look very similar in the diagrams (links posted below), but the part numbers are a bit off. Also, I can't find the steering rack part numbers anywhere for both cars?

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=TSX&catcgry2=2006&catcgry3=4DR+TSX&catcgry5=STEERING%2BCOLUMN&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=2006&catcgry3=2DR+EX+%28V6%29&catcgry4=KA6MT&catcgry5=STEERING+COLUMN

...if only they would have built a TSX coupe with the J30 and LSD...it would have been a winner!

Thanks

Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 09:50:10 AM »

If your thinking about swapping racks ,another option would be the electric power steering mod
http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57308
I think there was one guy who even tried hooking up something like a dimmer switch so he could dial in his steering feel, plus this way you free up an extra 5-8 hp from not running a PS pulley
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »

Wow, that sounds pretty cool. Looks likes a bit of work though.

accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 10:27:37 AM »

I just got both TL sway bars (27.2 fr/20 rr) and the car feels amazing.  Like other ppl have said, it just feels so much tighter and with A LOT less body roll.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 11:51:48 PM »

I think quaife makes a close ratio rack upgrade.  I wouldn't bother with that much work though.  I'd only do that on a track car.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012