Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:54:14 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 07-08 TL Type S Wheels w/ Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grid  (Read 9978 times)
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2008, 01:47:04 AM »

Just put on a set of 07-08 TL Type S rims with Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grid 245/45 R17. Let me know what you guys think.

Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 11:35:31 AM »

I love TL-S wheels on our car. They look hot Thien. I am currently getting a set of TLs powdercoated dark graphite bronze and going to put some all seasons on it for when the rain comes, I can store my BFG's in a cozy location of the garage :D

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 11:18:59 AM »

I still can't believe those are your winter wheels.  That's almost as bad as my TL wheels being my winter set up.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
lilmalu

Reputation Power: 2
lilmalu pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 02:55:50 PM »

LOLL. Those are your winter tires? I can only imagine what your summer setup would be.

MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 05:38:15 PM »

Yeah, those are my winter setups. My summer setups are a set of Rays Engineering Gram Lights 57 Pro 18x7.5 +40 offset with Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Positions 225/45 R18.
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 05:22:01 PM »

TL-S wheels use cone seating lug nuts?

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 06:18:38 PM »

It does not, but you can use cone seated lug nuts. I double checked as I placed one cone seated lug nut onto the lug holes. The cone seated lug nuts sits perfectly onto the lug hole.
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 10:38:47 AM »

Quote from: "MyNameIsThien"
It does not, but you can use cone seated lug nuts. I double checked as I placed one cone seated lug nut onto the lug holes. The cone seated lug nuts sits perfectly onto the lug hole.

I am sure it looks good to your eye looking from outside the wheel, Thien, but in reality, this is really what is happening.

I created this picture just to show you guys what happens when you use aftermarket lugs on Honda OEM wheels. As you can see, there is no mating of surfaces in the read areas. This prevents a sure fitment and may cause additional stress on the cone seat nose and outer edge. Same things happens in reverse for using a radial seat (ball) OEM lug on an after market wheels only that in that case the stress is only on one area and that is the radial dead center which is the center of the lug nut's mating surface.

Thien, I said it once and I'll say it again. I'm surprised someone of your knowledge and expertise in wheels and tires is running a setup like this. I know the Rays lugs are top notch and demand for any import fanatic like you and me, but there are better alternatives that are safer and more effective to run. Have you thought about S2000 lug nuts? They are nice and fit with OEM prowess  :P
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 01:13:08 PM by Blackhawk » Logged

Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 10:54:07 AM »

^ Hmmm interesting. Good to know.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 02:55:24 PM »

where did you get the lugs from? do they make em in  black? are they anodized?

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 08:37:05 PM »

I know what you are saying JT, but you forget that the lug nuts do not stay on the wheels long anyhow. We have winter here, so the wheels are only on for half of year anyhow. For a set of S2000 lug nuts, you might as well get Rays lug nuts for the same price. I actually took a mold of the lug hole itself. I then compared it to my Rays lug nuts. The lug nut does sit in the enclosure without any gaps.

I know what I am doing, and if you wish to keep informing of why my decision is wrong. I suggest you keep it to yourself. I did not ask you why I shouldn't run Rays lug nuts on Honda/Acura OEM rims. I just asked for a humble opinion on what you guys think about the rims being on my car.

Rich, I got them off ebay. They come in Gunmetal, Black, Blue, and Red anodized.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 08:58:00 PM »

Looks like Thien did his research already.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 09:17:50 PM »

For a winter or summer set up they look very very nice!
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 10:27:48 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
For a winter or summer set up they look very very nice!

For an ANYTIME set up they look nice. I love the TL-S rims  8-)

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 11:34:16 AM »

Sorry if I came on a bit invasive Thien, I never judged that you DIDN'T know what you were doing, just looking out for the safety of my comrades, that's all.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:13:01 PM by Blackhawk » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012