Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:46:23 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Insight to the Inspires  (Read 26220 times)
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2008, 01:59:07 AM »

This thread will be the information on the Inspire headlights. The Inspire headlights do come in 2 variations. The 03-05 Inspire headlight came in a chrome housings while the 06-07 Inspire headlight came in a smoked/gunmetal housings. Now, 06-07 Inspire headlights did come with an auto leveler. You can utilize the auto leveler by using the FX35 auto leveler module. The Inspire headlights are a direct fit on the USDM Accord, but it does require modifications to the parking and turn signal wires. The Inspire headlight has 4 bulb outlets compared to the stock USDM Accord 3 bulb outlets.

Chrome Inspire Headlight Version

Smoked/Gunmetal Inspire Headlight Version

The Inspire headlights are a reflector based HID setup, but utilizes a projector based D2S bulb. High beams are a 9005 bulb which is the same as the USDM Accord high beam bulb. The turn signal will have to be modified. You will need to cut off the original turn signal socket, and replace it with either a 04+ TL turn signal socket or 01 Civic sedan turn signal socket. The parking light socket can be used from either the JDM City Light socket or 98-02 Accord parking light socket.

Now, the Inspire headlights has an area on the bottem where a ballast can be mounted. The Matsushita Gen 3 ballast off current Infiniti, Nissan, and Subaru STi are the ones that will be able to mount on the bottem of the headlights. You will also need the power plugs from the ballast, and a custom harness to power the HIDs. On the back of the headlight is spot to where a bulb cover should be mounted. You can either use an S2000 low beam bulb cover or a TSX/TL low beam bulb cover. Each cover will require modifications to fit.

The outcome should look like so or similiar.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:03:27 AM by timot_one » Logged
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 08:37:45 AM »

Nice writeup Thien. This is every CM owner's dream mod and now they have all the info they need :)

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 02:43:52 PM »

Can you include some pictures of the bottom where the ballast is supposed to mount Thien?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 08:49:43 PM »

Picture added Tim.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 09:14:18 PM »

Thanks man.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 10:23:47 PM »

No problemo.
lilmalu

Reputation Power: 2
lilmalu pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 10:38:25 PM »

I'm a couple months late, but awesome writeup Thien. I have a question though. How will the beam pattern be for these Inspire headlamps.

MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 11:05:18 PM »

I've been meaning to post up beam pattern shots. Of course the beam flares more to the left because the headlight coming from Japan.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 03:57:35 PM »

Great right up Thien. This is a mod I dream of at the moment.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 05:10:30 PM »

That's a mod I dream about modding!!  Maybe this summer.

Tim
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 11:28:46 PM »

i dont suppose you could get a picture of the wiring harness that you had to get/make for this to work?

i'd love to do this mod.. but i'm too stingy just to get a retrofit.. needless to say, this is outta my price range! lol.

-brian
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 11:41:41 PM »

Tim actually made my HID harness.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 01:01:03 AM »

Quote from: "b_beau_09"
i dont suppose you could get a picture of the wiring harness that you had to get/make for this to work?

There is no wiring harness.  You must modify your OEM wiring harness for this to work.

Tim
Fenix

Reputation Power: 4
Fenix pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 02:08:59 AM »

Man, yet another thing to put on the todo list. can i get a ballpark price for something like this?

Quote from: timot_one
I'll let you guys know that I can only tolerate so much douchebaggery
rjp6262

Reputation Power: 2
rjp6262 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »

personally i think the smoked ones look better than all chome, atleast on a silver car. if i didn't do a retro i would have gone this route.

nice write up!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012