Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:37:43 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881570 times)
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6645 on: April 02, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »

So jelly of those wheels! They're beautiful!

Picking up my gas door and anchor cap.
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: April 02, 2013, 05:18:02 PM »

*holds out hand* put the money right there, fuckers and I'll be glad to. haha

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6647 on: April 02, 2013, 06:52:32 PM »

Oh and I had to fix my gas door....again, the blue tape was temporary and let go.
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: April 02, 2013, 08:14:46 PM »

Love the new stance Ben.  I really want coil overs now.   Embarrassed

Added Rays blue lug nuts yesterday and washed the car today. 

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6649 on: April 02, 2013, 08:18:58 PM »

Can I share some of these pics? I can't express into words how awesome they are. Credit given of course...
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: April 02, 2013, 08:26:59 PM »

Denny, I'm sure you're talking to Milan - as his pics are ALWAYS freaking awesome - but you have my permission if mine are even somewhat good enough compared to his Wink

Milan: You're not on coils??? I could've swore you were... get 'em bro. Or even better convince the wifey to allow you to invest in accuair That'll be my next BIG purchase I think (not anytime soon though haha)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:42:30 PM by DreaminAccord » Logged

Ben

Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: April 02, 2013, 08:39:07 PM »

Can I share some of these pics? I can't express into words how awesome they are. Credit given of course...

I appreciate you asking again.  I gave you my permission before and you can use any of my pictures. 

Milan: You're not on coils??? I could've swore you were... get 'em bro. Or even better convince the wifey to allow you to invest in accuair That'll be my next BIG purchase I think (not anytime soon though haha)

I would only settle for a set of ARM coils.  Have to save up a lot of pretty pennies for 'em.  I'm on Neuspeed race springs and Koni SP3s on the lowest perch.  It's about as low as you can go on springs.  (If another spring drops lower, I'd love to know) 

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6652 on: April 02, 2013, 08:40:18 PM »

Oh lord I love your new sig Dreamin!!! I'll share yours too! Cheesy
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: April 02, 2013, 08:46:16 PM »

LOL I made that sig a few days ago - I loved how it came out  Grin

Milan - Yea AMR coils are da shiznit! Those Neuspeed give you a coil looking drop though; I'm shocked. Would you even really go much lower...with those wider wheels wouldn't you run into rubbing issues in the rear or did you relocate your mounting tab? I'm rolled as flat as can be in the rear, have pounded my mounting tab up as high as it'll go, and even cut some off of the bumper lip (inside the wheel well) and I was still rubbing on big bumps today on these x8.5 +35 so I trimmed some more off and am going to see tomorrow if the rubbing is gone. Otherwise, I'll get my boy to do the tiniest bit of a pull for free
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:10:32 PM by DreaminAccord » Logged

Ben

Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: April 02, 2013, 08:57:07 PM »

I would like to get rid of the gap in the back.  Ideally, I'd like to tuck the top 1/4 of the tire.  Currently I'm about even in the front and maybe 1/2 finger gap in the back. 

I don't have any rubbing at all in the back.  You're rubbing in the back with your tire.  Pulling the fender won't fix that, only shaving the part of the rear bumper where the tire rubs and trimming the bumper tab on the rear quarter.  You may have to go with a zip tie to allow you to shave more of the tab as the mounting screw is pretty wide. 

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: April 02, 2013, 09:19:51 PM »

Yea I was thinking about doing the tab relocation, I watched a vid on YouTube of a guy who did it on an Acura Integ and it looked really easy...then when I went to do it to my car, the 7.5G is setup completely different and looked like it was going to be a PITA so I'm trying different methods before re-attempting the tab relocation to see if I can fix it.

I'm 99% sure that I was rubbing on the rear bumper lip (not the actual metal frame, just the mid-to-near top of the interior wheel well lip) as it was a little scuffed up and lined up perfectly with the very light line on the tire. So I shaved it almost fully down and am going to purposely hit a few big bumps tomorrow to see if it fixed the issue. I've already trimmed and heated/pounded both mounting taps up as far as they can go. I actually don't think that's rubbing anymore
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:23:16 PM by DreaminAccord » Logged

Ben

Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: April 02, 2013, 09:45:40 PM »

I'm 99% sure that I was rubbing on the rear bumper lip (not the actual metal frame, just the mid-to-near top of the interior wheel well lip) as it was a little scuffed up and lined up perfectly with the very light line on the tire. So I shaved it almost fully down and am going to purposely hit a few big bumps tomorrow to see if it fixed the issue.

Back when I had my sedan on the 19" RDX Accessory wheels with a 15mm spacer (19x8 +30 effective) and 225/40/19 Hankook V12s, I had major rubbing in that exact area.  I took off the bumper and took a dremel with a sanding wheels and sanded away a little at a time until it didn't rub anymore.  If you take off the bumper or after you shave some of it off, you will notice there are some gnarly metal welds that look like they will slice a tire nicely.  Pound or shave those away and hit it with some paint to prevent any rust. 

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: April 02, 2013, 09:57:43 PM »

I would only settle for a set of ARM coils.
Ideally, I'd like to tuck the top 1/4 of the tire.
Honestly, AMR Engineering coilovers would be wasted if you go low enough to tuck tire.  You lose any performance benefit when you go that low; I know from first-hand experience.

It looks great sure, but you lose quite a bit in driveability.

- Mark
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: April 02, 2013, 10:10:09 PM »

@ Milan: Yea, I know exactly what you're talking about - mine are exposed now as I cut almost all of the lip away except down near the bottom where the HFP lip attaches. That metal looked to be sitting back far enough though that it wouldn't be an issue?

@ Mark: Great input/feedback, thanks buddy! Now I can mark them off of my "To future upgrade to" list
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:12:39 PM by DreaminAccord » Logged

Ben

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6659 on: April 02, 2013, 10:48:18 PM »

You'd probably be better off going with some Tein's if you're planning on going for stance instead of performance.  No need to drop the coin on performance you won't ever need or use.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012