Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:54:02 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881753 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4695 on: April 01, 2012, 01:13:02 AM »

Austin, you should get a 2000 Civic Si clutch master cylinder.  It doesn't have that stupid triangular plate thing like our cars have.  I've busted mine before too, so don't sweat it.  Let me know if you need help/advice on swapping your master cylinder.  I've done mine a few times. 

Yesterday I picked up some parts.  Got a new oil pan and battery.  I test fit the battery and found a good spot for it.  I started to modify the mounting bracket for it to mount it in it's new spot.  I pulled the cover off my car and put it on the ground.  Tomorrow I'm going to roll it outside to get some space in my garage for a project. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: April 01, 2012, 02:14:53 AM »

Thanks Tim. I will order one of those...unfortunately I had to get it towed to a shop...my house was to far away and CAA would charge me...and the land lord doesn't like me working on the car there :p The guy I brought it to is my step father. So hopefully it won't cost too much.

Im wondering what caused that screw to shear off in the first place...I put in my clutch and heard pop and that was that :p
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: April 01, 2012, 11:05:26 AM »

So I think I'm gonna tackle the axle on my day off tomorrow just have two questions...

1. Do I really have to drain the trans fluid and refill it? (6MT)

2. Do I have to disconnect the ball joint from the lower arm? Or can I still get it out with it connected?

Thanks in advance.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4698 on: April 01, 2012, 12:44:23 PM »

I would just drain the fluid it's a good oppurtunity to change it. I don't remember if I pulled the bottom pall joint but, I know I pulled the two bottom shock bolts out, and then the tie rod so that I could push the whole assembly out of the way. It would have been easier to pull the axle with everything out of the way they don't exactly come out easy. You need a solid amount of force on both sides at the same time. Autozones slide hammer axle too worked better than anything I could find on the shelf at Advance. It basically had a c shaped connection that went around the inside of the axle. Mines an auto but, I don't think its very different.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: April 01, 2012, 12:56:47 PM »

I just Changed the fluid a couple months ago. And yeah I'll prolly grab the slide hammer we have here. Thanks Mike. Wish me luck. Wink

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Reputation Power: 2
Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: April 01, 2012, 02:05:39 PM »

Went and bought a new AEM cai today from a guy local off of craigslisy for $100. Gonna install later today  Undecided
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: April 01, 2012, 04:17:35 PM »

Put the finishing touches on my homebrew dock and trimmed my fender liners.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4702 on: April 01, 2012, 07:07:50 PM »

Ryan, you need to remove the lower ball joint.  I know it's a little late for a response, but I've been busy today.

I put my Accord back on the ground and rolled it out of the garage.  I should be pushing it back in later tonight.

I also helped Chris do a few things with his Accord today.  I installed a turbo timer and 2nd ECT sensor and wired it to the K Pro harness.  He changed the rotors and pads on his BBK.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: April 02, 2012, 11:53:13 AM »

I removed the upper, took some wiggling but I got it out. Now I can't get it out of the trans, there is a ridge that comes up around it and I can't get the pry bar in... fml.  fuck is it tight in there. Any ideas?  We have a slide hammer at work but it attaches to the end of the axle, if I do that it's gonna pull it apart.

Yup, it pulled apart. Now the inner joint is just in the trans and I can't get it the fuck out. I'm done working on cars... Jesus Christ.

-Ryan

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4704 on: April 02, 2012, 01:43:55 PM »

I removed the upper, took some wiggling but I got it out. Now I can't get it out of the trans, there is a ridge that comes up around it and I can't get the pry bar in... fml.  fuck is it tight in there. Any ideas?  We have a slide hammer at work but it attaches to the end of the axle, if I do that it's gonna pull it apart.

Yup, it pulled apart. Now the inner joint is just in the trans and I can't get it the fuck out. I'm done working on cars... Jesus Christ.

you need to get the one they rent at autozone.

It looks like this

accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: April 02, 2012, 01:56:11 PM »

I just put the car back together without the axle (inner joint still in the trans) and I'm gonna wheel it to my buddy's shop tomorrow, what I should have done in the first place. It's two blocks away.

-Ryan

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4706 on: April 02, 2012, 02:43:06 PM »

I'm telling you with the tool about you will be able to get it out. Works like a charm.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4707 on: April 02, 2012, 03:05:18 PM »

That tool looks like it's worth a shot.  Mike, do they only rent it or do they sell it?  You happen to know the price or part number for it?

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4708 on: April 02, 2012, 03:47:41 PM »

That tool looks like it's worth a shot.  Mike, do they only rent it or do they sell it?  You happen to know the price or part number for it?

I rented it but, I'm pretty sure you could just rent it and keep it. Rental price is generally = to purchase price.

Part # is 27058, and the price is $20.

This does not come with the slide hammer it is just the axle puller adapter.
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: April 02, 2012, 08:46:47 PM »

Took out the variable intake butterflies today.  I was alarmed about the amount of crud in the intake manifold.  It looks like bits of dirt but I'm not sure that's what it is. 

I immediately noticed that the little bit of hesitation followed by an increase in intake noise is gone. The power flow is much smoother and the car doesn't have that split-second drop in power I felt before the butterflies open in the past.

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012