Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:01:12 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ill be taking in my car to the dealer to get inspected.  (Read 10742 times)
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2009, 01:02:03 AM »

soo. yeah where do i start. the car has been shifting weird and lights are flashing when i hit the gas hard and the trany down shifts gears, this started about three weeks ago and keeps on happening i changed the fluid on the trany three times and only used OEM fluid and still nothing. i took the car to my mech and he couldn't find anything wrong but he noticed the trany shifting a lil hard.. my check engine light came on today for a few seconds but it went away, it also feels like something is holding the trany back from reving higher quicker it also back fires some times it almost feels like there is a lack of fuel maybe a clogged filter, valve  :sad:

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 02:11:40 AM »

That sucks.  I hope it's a quick and inexpensive fix.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
k24low20z

k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 02:18:03 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
That sucks.  I hope it's a quick and inexpensive fix.

shit i hope too.. the car drives fine but i know there is something wrong with it

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 07:41:35 AM »

Lex I'm not out to rain on your parade but, these are the exact same symptoms that I had, and we all know where I ended up. Get it to the dealer asap so if there is a tranny problem no additional damage is caused. Good luck!
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 09:10:06 AM »

Or you can grind it until the end and get yourself a TSX 6MT tranny.... Cheesy

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 11:03:29 AM »

That means he would have to do an AT to MT swap.  I'm sure it's a cost he's not willing to incur.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
k24low20z

k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 11:51:30 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
That means he would have to do an AT to MT swap.  I'm sure it's a cost he's not willing to incur.

does anyone have a parts list of what is needed to do the swap? i know there was a guy who went from a 5speed MT to the AT ..

Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 12:04:30 PM »

Thread discussing what you want to do...

http://www.gen7accord.net/forum/topics/ ... -six-speed

list of parts for a 5MT swap... I'm assuming all you would need to do is replace the accord tranny and flywheels with tsx tranny and rsx type s flywheel and rsx-s clutch...

http://www.gen7accord.net/forum/topics/ ... g-pa-k24-5

I'm sure Skippy could give you more insight on this though..

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 12:11:53 PM »

Sorry to hear this, good luck!

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
driveaccord

Reputation Power: 3
driveaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 12:55:46 PM »

Dang alex sorry to hear about your car...it seems like its been in the shop a lot lately....maybe you should think about that tsx motor...I know I probably will when my cars mileage is up where yours is at, but I got a while to go b4 I have to think about that...hope you get things squared away soon before the upcoming meets

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 01:23:40 PM »

It was msedacca that did the 5AT to 6MT swap. I believe Skip had a hand on that but I'm not sure.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
k24low20z

k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 11:49:37 PM »

with my luck on the way to the dealer today my car started over heating and the check engine light turned on 3 blocks from the dealer..so they go and inspect the car, 3 hours later they guy calls me up saying what they first found wrong with the car was that the rediator had a small crack causing the car to loose the fluid and over heat. He also said the idle control valve was defective making the check engine indicator to turn on.. they stoped checking the car because they though they found the source of the problem, the guy told me i would have to get that fixed before they can fully determine whats wrong with the car.. he was telling me it was $345 to replace the radiator + labor to just fix that problem. I get on the phone with my mech and he told me to buy a Radiator from one of the companies he buys from i got a after market one for $52 and did the install my self. now thats done and the car still has the weird flashing lights and it back fires still from time to time..

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 02:29:10 PM »

That sucks man.  BTW, if you are really serious about an AT to MT swap, Skippy has 2 5MT's sitting in his garage that are for sale.  You should talk to Mike Sedacca about the AT-MT swap since he has done it.  Skippy also has insight on this since he helped another person with the swap.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 03:56:59 PM »

Ha! I knew it! For once I was right on who did something!

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 05:30:35 PM »

How much do those 5MT's cost? Wouldn't it be better to swap to a TSX 6MT? And don't you have to replace your cluster with the one that has the right gear lights? lol

Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012