Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:51:27 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Exhaust Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 107315 times)
suleman_manji

Reputation Power: 3
suleman_manji pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 11:58:28 AM »

Hmm, I was thinking that also but wouldn't the amount of composition materiel affect the sound?

TXCM Squad #2 | Profile | flickr | fb
[img]http:
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 12:27:02 PM »

Obviously, a larger resonator with equal internal properties will be quieter than a smaller resonator.  Using quick and dirty math, the oval resonator has a volume of about 300 ci, while the round resonator has a volume of about 250 ci.  Also, the oval resonator is labled as an "Ultra Quiet" resonator, while the round one is just a "Bottle Style" resonator.  That should clue you into a little more about their sound characteristics.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 11:30:36 AM »

hey does your car throw codes when you swapped out the oem cat for that one

whats the part number for the maggi high flow cat you used

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
Fenix

Fenix pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 11:48:38 AM »

ive got the same setup minus the hi flo cat. If anyone is on the fence about doing this i highly recomend it. I want to do the dual setup.

Quote from: timot_one
I'll let you guys know that I can only tolerate so much douchebaggery
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 10:57:46 AM »

Quote from: "Knocturnal84"
hey does your car throw codes when you swapped out the oem cat for that one

whats the part number for the maggi high flow cat you used

Same question Cheesy

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 11:51:19 AM »

No codes when he did the swap.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 01:52:13 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Do you have a part number by any chance? Or do the codes appear later on for some reason?

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »

Nice install! I'm betting it sounds just as good as it looks. Using the cement blocks there for extra security incase a jack failed?

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 05:57:19 PM »

Quote from: "Paulius005"

Do you have a part number by any chance? Or do the codes appear later on for some reason?

I believe the Magnaflow part number is 27405.  It's listed as an 05-07 part, but there's no reason why it won't fit an 03-04.  I don't really understand your second question though.  There were no codes after we did the swap (and replaced his bad secondary O2 sensor) that I know of.  I believe everything has been just fine since the install.

Quote from: "mnkyman"
Nice install! I'm betting it sounds just as good as it looks. Using the cement blocks there for extra security incase a jack failed?

It sounds awesome.  Definitely a good upgrade.  You are correct about the cinder blocks Sam.  We used jack stands at all 4 jack points, the cinder blocks at the front wheels, and had a floor jack at the rear.  You can never be too safe.

Tim
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 06:41:27 PM »

I believe the Magnaflow part number is 27405.  It's listed as an 05-07 part, but there's no reason why it won't fit an 03-04.  I don't really understand your second question though.  There were no codes after we did the swap (and replaced his bad secondary O2 sensor) that I know of.  I believe everything has been just fine since the install.

It sounds awesome.  Definitely a good upgrade.  You are correct about the cinder blocks Sam.  We used jack stands at all 4 jack points, the cinder blocks at the front wheels, and had a floor jack at the rear.  You can never be too safe.

yup! at first i saw the blocks and was like WTF ARE THEY DOING!!! lol, then i noticed the jacks

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 07:19:15 PM »

Hmm that is an expensive site you got there... in Google shopping there is a bunch around 140... Thanks a bunch for the part number though... and my second question was simply that if you put the cat on there will the codes appear later, because i remember Skippy mentioning somewhere that people always end up throwing codes... But it's good to know that this one does not Cheesy

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 08:11:58 PM »

That site has high prices because it's the manufacturer's site, so MSRP is listed.  That's the actual Magnaflow product page.  As far as the CEL, you will be fine with this cat.  I have a 5400 series universal cat and I threw codes when I installed it.  That was resolved with $5.00 in parts.

Tim
Knocturnal84

Knocturnal84 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 10:00:54 PM »

i put the defoulers on before i started the car and never threw a code .... i also have the 5400 series universal cat...2.25 in/out

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2009, 10:49:55 PM »

With my new hi-flo cat the only thing left is the remaining exhaust.  I like the quietness of the stock exhaust but would not mind a little more sound. I really like how the newer si's sound.  I'm thinking about trying to put an 06 si exhaust on my coupe from the cat back.  What do you guys think? Most aftermarket exhausts I hear are way to "weed-wacker" sounding or loud.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 11:35:28 PM »

You can try it if you want.  You may want to consider a TSX exhaust too.

Tim
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012