Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:35:47 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Exhaust Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 114575 times)
Anthony212

Reputation Power: 2
Anthony212 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2009, 06:13:42 PM »

I'm a noob when it comes to mufflers. So far i've went to auto shops and got quotes. First off I would like to know if a universal magnaflow muffler for $190 with installation is a good deal. Second if I decide to go with it how will it sound? I'm looking for something not crazy loud, but like a nice roar to it. Any recommendations??

thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2009, 11:29:02 PM »

thats is a good deal. the muffler itself can range from 60-110 bucks depends on the magnaflow.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
rjp6262

Reputation Power: 2
rjp6262 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2009, 08:19:51 AM »

well he's trying to use the muffler from the SI, not the whole exhaust system...i think.
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2009, 12:38:05 PM »

**UPDATE** so this past weekend I drove down to Brooklyn to meet up with J (G7A) member to buy his old single exit ehxaust.

Specs
2.25" OD piping
18" MagnaPack Resonator
Magnaflow 14829 Muffler

Spent Sunday afternoon lying on the nice cool cement floor of my garage putting this bad boy in, and I couldn't be happier. Took about 5 hours (thanks to my buddy Tayler and Tiff) to unbolt the old exhaust and bolt up the new one due to some HARDCORE rusted and seized bolts, but all in all everything went very smoothly.

Sounds is great, and I feel like the car pulls a little harder (could just be wishful thinking lol) I took the parental units for a ride in it last night and even they liked it (I was pretty surprised at that haha)

I had my friend Tiff take some pics that I will post up once she gets them to me.

Thanks everyone for all the advice, you all DEF know what your talking about!

Steve - NECM #4

clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2009, 05:13:18 PM »

Quote from: "rjp6262"
well he's trying to use the muffler from the SI, not the whole exhaust system...i think.

Right.  Still have not decided on this or not.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2009, 01:00:15 AM »

yeah it was too long. He had to have it hang to the ground, but he was like screw it since he wanted to fit it on his cut out

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2009, 09:11:50 PM »

Does it bolt right up to k24 accords?

A S I M O
Sworkhard

Reputation Power: 1
Sworkhard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2009, 09:23:41 PM »

It will bolt right up no problem.  It's not the right size though so you'll need to extend it and you'll need to make your own exhaust hangers, but header back, the 3 bolts used to bolt it to the header are indeed the same.

[size=150]Stephen[/size]
03 Accord EX-L 5MT
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2009, 10:08:14 PM »

The TSX exhaust manifold is a different length from the Accord exhaust manifold.  That's why all the TSX owners were having issues when DC came out with their headers.  They just used a header for the Accord, and the TSX owners were cracking their header.  It was later discovered that they were not the same length and DC made the adjustments.  I'm sure if you took the TSX exhaust to a decent shop, they will be able to fabricate hangars so it will fit properly without any issues though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2009, 02:21:32 PM »

would you guys recommend the I4 staying with a single exhaust versus the dual ?
obviously its a little cheaper for me... personally i dont see a huge performance increase from doing the dually

im looking to as much performance as i can.... with just a little sound, this is my daily driver and i DO NOT WANT A RICER SOUND
i have an AT with a bunch of bolt ons....

thinking of doing same set up....

2.25" piping
18" magnaflow 4" round resonator - $65
14829 magnaflow muffler - $145

would bumping the magnapack to a 6" round be a little overkill?

does anyone know the diameter of the exhaust port on the bottom of the DC ceramic 4-2-1 headers? or the OEM CAT converter?
trying to figure out how much hardware/flanges/clamps i will need

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

Lemonjelly

Lemonjelly pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2009, 03:00:04 PM »

I think you will like this setup. I had basically the same requirements, performance and non rice sound as this is my DD also, and this more then satisfied both!

I would say stick to the single, I think the dual would be too loud.

I was skeptical at first but DEF noticed a bit more power in the car. It def pulls harder in the lower RPM range.

Also, the sound is VERY nice. It is a little loud at start up, but once the system warms up it quiets right down. It has a very nice deep tone, and sounds like pure sex at WOT.

The kid I bought the exhaust off of described it as being very similar to the G35 sound and I would have to agree.

Steve - NECM #4

NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2009, 03:49:35 PM »

awesome man... im pumped...

waiting on this kid to get me shipping info and diameter of downpipe connection on it for the DC ceramic headers..... then i have everything else lined up
i guess i'll start pricing muffler shops to do the work

sucks i have an AT
makes exhaust not as much fun

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

Lemonjelly

Lemonjelly pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2009, 03:54:06 PM »

sweet man!! you will have to let me know how you like the DC ceramics I am thinking about adding those along with a magnaflow high flow cat to this system.

At or MT I am pretty sure your going to love this exhaust!

Keep us posted

Steve - NECM #4

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2009, 10:48:22 AM »

Is the TSX exhaust any better than the stock Accord's? Seems to me like most factory exhaust systems are always not good, lol. But, if the price is right, I'd definitely say that it could be worth it.

Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2009, 12:43:53 PM »

I think the piping is the same diamater so I wouldnt necessarily say it's better than the Accord but it could be in a sense because the TSX engine is better than the Accord therefore it needs to be better in order to expel gases properly.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012