Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:04:12 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metra Upper dash kit  (Read 60459 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 04:46:55 PM »

I don't see the point of the lower kit if you have the upper. Were I to get it, I'd mod it to work with the cubby door. I like having a cubby.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 01:57:15 PM »

You would have to modify a lot to do that. It seems that the double DIN would need to be moved up. As soon as this is released, I'm going to pick it up. I don't care about the cubby. I have a second touch screen that I'm going to hook up to my kpro laptop.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 01:58:31 PM »

You would have to modify a lot to do that. It seems that the double DIN would need to be moved up. As soon as this is released, I'm going to pick it up. I don't care about the cubby. I have a second touch screen that I'm going to hook up to my kpro laptop.
that makes perfect use of that second spot, and will be an awesome set up.
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 02:05:49 PM »

That upper kit doesn't look that bad.  It looks like there is dual climate control.  I wonder if it'll work with non-dual climate control OEM setups??  Hopefully the price is reasonable.  Now to look into double-DIN units Smiley

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 02:26:35 PM »

"New electronics integrate with manual, auto climate, and dual zone climate systems"
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 03:03:41 PM »

Your thought process on the second monitor sounds bad ass but the discouraging part is how much I'd have to mod to use the cubby. Future plans may leave the modding out of the equation though.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 09:50:26 AM »

"The actual kit will be shipping by the end of the year at the latest. It may be earlier."   Straight from Metra's VP. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 08:56:19 PM »

Did they settle on a price yet?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 09:11:05 PM »

Ike should know. He's got an in with the VP.

ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 04:29:27 PM »

Not sure about the price but it looks like I'm committed.  Just ordered one of these!

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DNX6990/Kenwood-Excelon-DNX6990HD.html?tp=20212
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 04:47:34 PM »

You're such a penny pincher! Lol just kidding! Looks really nice! You'll have to post some pics when it comes in!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 08:46:12 PM »

Good choice Ike.  I'd update my head unit if the newer Alpine units still supported my audio processor.

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 08:06:53 AM »

Metra finally added the kit to their site, which I hope means they are close to releasing it.  There are no details listed unfortunately. 

http://www.metraonline.com/part/99-7803G
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 08:44:08 AM »

They updated the details in the link above.  The good news is it looks like they will supply an adapter that lets you either install a DD HU or a single din HU with a pocket below.

2003-07 Honda Accord SDIN DDIN Mounting Kit w/ Display

Product Details
Kit Features

Single DIN Head Unit Provision with Pocket
    Double Din Head Unit Provision
    Painted Grey to Match the Factory Finish
    Will Work with Single Zone or Dual Zone Climate Control Models and Will Retain Dual Zone Climate Controls

Applications

03-07 Honda Accord without Navigation

Wiring and Antenna Connections (Sold Separately)

Wiring Harness Included
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 08:51:59 AM »

Still no price. 

Tim
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012