Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:51:10 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] Milan V2.0 AKA Gen's Coupe AKA My coupe now bitches!  (Read 14881 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 08:55:42 AM »

Gotcha. That's kind of a long answer for my slow mind to wrap around dude. Still, both be cool hwips.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 02:17:13 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0058CW9UO/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?seller=A5KZDQNU0OEW9&tag=047-20

Thought of you!
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 07:57:30 PM »

Haha, I have one of those!

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2012, 07:59:57 PM »

I got your boot in the mail today! Cheesy thank you!
Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 12:47:15 PM »

No problem!  Hope you have an easier time installing it than me.  Never got around to doing it. 

Updated a picture of winter mode. 

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 11:28:54 PM »

Going to throw this bad boy on on Wednesday.

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 08:23:45 AM »

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 10:55:03 AM »

Going to throw this bad boy on on Wednesday.

Sweet that's official

B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »

Very nice! v3 right? What are your plans for the old v1?

- Bobby
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 11:49:53 AM »

We gonna race? 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 02:29:31 PM »

Very nice! v3 right? What are your plans for the old v1?

Yup, and I'm throwing my V1 on the market as soon as it's off the car. 

We gonna race? 

I always want to race!

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 11:26:08 AM »

:drool: at performance mods.  Very nice, Milan.

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 02:26:48 PM »

:drool: at performance mods.  Very nice, Milan.

Haha, not enough performance mods!!  

I threw the V3 on today.  Install went very well because I had the J-pipe off earlier in the summer to install the PCDs.  Because of my ongoing shaking I can't really wind the car out but I have no doubts about this J-pipe.  

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:46:17 PM by Milan » Logged

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013, 10:38:53 PM »

Cliffs: replaced LCA bushings, driver's tie inner and outer tie rod.  Removed stock front sway bar and end links and replaced them with TL Type-S sway bar and end links.  

So over the weekend I drove down to Ohio to Timmy's house and did some maintenance as well as a few mods.  Sorry I didn't take more pictures but when I wasn't too busy wrenching, my hands were too filthy to handle the camera.  

We started out by taking the lower control arms out to replace the compliance bushings.  This went mostly well except for one bolt on the driver's side that was seized in the collar and had to be cut out.  

After we had the arms out we went ahead and tried to press out the bushing.  This was not possible on the 6 ton hand press and they had to be cut out.  

Next we pressed the bushing in.  This went pretty smoothly as the arms were heated up and I had the bushing in the freezer prior to being pressed in.  

While the arms were out I drilled out the sway bar mounting point with a 1/2" drill bit to accept the larger TL-S end link.  After that the arms went back in.  

I also replaced the inner and outer tie rod on the driver's side.  The inner tie rod had a bit of play in the knuckle area that allows for up and down and side to side movement.  New bellows and outer tie rod completed that job.  

After the maintenance was completed, it was time to take out the stock sway bar and install the TL Type-S bar.  The rear sub frame had to lowered by taking out the bolts and the front sub frame was lowered a tad by backing out the bolts a bit.  The J-pipe had to removed as well.

Next came time to remove the bracket holding the sway bar bushing in.  The bolts closer to the firewall impossible to remove without lowering the sub frame and even after lowering it, it is a major, major PITA.  It probably took close to 30 minutes to take out each bolt.  Next came the removal of the stock sway bar.  This also proved to be a biotch.  Installing the TL-S for some reason didn't take much time at all.  New bolts eased installation on the bushing brackets but I hope I never have to remove them ever again.  

Lower control arm out.

Lower control arm

My friend Timmy cutting out the bolt on the LCA

Compliance bushing is out.  Had to be cut out.

Just some of the blades we went through.  Used about three more before everything was said and done.

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 11:00:58 PM »

What about the other pictures you took?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012