Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 07:51:48 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question about my stereo.  (Read 13117 times)
redHFPcm7

Reputation Power: 0
redHFPcm7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 02:27:36 PM »

Well ppl have different taste when it comes to car audio. Alot of people enjoy having a little more bass then voice but at the same time there are alot of ppl that like to have more voice then bass. Not everyone listens to the same type of music, but i agree with Tim. I'm not a fan of having aftermarket speakers with a stock deck because that stock deck can only put out so much. But when it come to aftermarket radios you can have a radio that has 4v or even 5v preout which does make a difference in quality. But I'm not going to lie i have installed several rockford 360's and about two jl cleansweeps and ohh boy do they improve the sound quality of a factory system. 
redHFPcm7

redHFPcm7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 02:35:01 PM »

Really?  You disagree that the front speakers are more important than rear speakers?

i dont really disagree with that but i dont think its worth the time to just swap out the front speakers only, i would just replace all the speakers at once. For example lets say if you own a big company business and a light bulb goes out on the top/roof. Wouldnt it be alot cheaper to replace all of the bulbs and only pay for 1-2 hrs of labor or would you rather change the one that went out and pay 1 hr labor for each bulb that goes out? lol its a little of track but you guys should get the point lol 
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 02:52:07 PM »

I think what Tim was referring to was to replace all the speakers at once (Let's face it. They suck donkey schlong). But the 90-10 was to get off the chain speakers up front and decent speakers out back. Can't build a quality setup using factory components.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 04:06:34 PM »

It's all about where you're coming from.  For budget minded people that don't have a lot to spend, I'd rather they spend more money on the front speakers, and get a good set, instead of blowing 1/3 to 1/2 of their budget on rear speakers.  I'd suggest that they keep the stock rears and replace them at a later time.  Another highly underestimated and very cheap upgrade would be to remove the speakers and make a gasket between the speaker and the rear deck to seal it off and reduce backwaves.  For a cheap solution, it makes a noticeable difference. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
redHFPcm7

redHFPcm7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 04:29:10 PM »

It's all about where you're coming from.  For budget minded people that don't have a lot to spend, I'd rather they spend more money on the front speakers, and get a good set, instead of blowing 1/3 to 1/2 of their budget on rear speakers.  I'd suggest that they keep the stock rears and replace them at a later time.  Another highly underestimated and very cheap upgrade would be to remove the speakers and make a gasket between the speaker and the rear deck to seal it off and reduce backwaves.  For a cheap solution, it makes a noticeable difference. 

true i agree with you there if moneys tight focus on the fronts then work your way to the back,lol we use monkey snot to seal speakers

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 04:30:55 PM by redHFPcm7 » Logged
telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 03:30:04 AM »

well i know this was along time ago but bettween work and school i never got around to this. i have an aftermarket head unit the speakers subs and amp from my last car like i said another good question here is should i leave the stock tweets in along with the coax in front and back or should i just take them out cause it would be to much in the treble department.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 07:03:24 AM »

The stock tweets are absolute garbage. Replace the fronts with a good set of components to get a good, clean front stage. Throwing coaxials anywhere is just straight dookie. You won't get a quality sound out of coaxials. If you must use your coaxials anywhere, throw them in the rear deck.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 09:22:45 AM »

You can do whatever you like.  If you use the coax speakers in the front, and disconnect the stock tweeters, the imaging is going to change.  You're basically going to be aiming your tweeters at your shins.  I guess the only thing I would suggest is that you leave the tweeters connected, then listen to it.  If it sounds too bright, you can disconnect the tweeters.  If it sounds like shit after that, you can reconnect the tweeters and attenuate the treble on your head unit.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 10:57:26 AM »

Yeah. That works too.

telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 02:40:56 AM »

i know i need components i just dont have the cash for it right now so im kinda stuck and trying to figure out what i should do im wonder ing if i should just wait to do all this until i get some cash for components in the front lol
telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 02:58:10 AM »

also to add to that can aftermarket tweets fit in the stock location
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 03:44:17 AM »

Some can and some can't.  It really depends on their size since all aftermarket products are not identical. 

Tim
telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 12:31:37 PM »

these are the ones im gonna be using whwen i get components will these fit you think http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_components.php?comp_id=125
telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 05:52:07 PM »

As in will the tweeters fit in the stock locations
telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 02:28:58 AM »

figured id post this here but i do need a little help im good at the wiring part but when it comes to tuning an amp i have no clue. any help with tunning it wold be much appriciated and if you guys need further info let me know.
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012