Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:28:51 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheel Picture Thread  (Read 41930 times)
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2010, 05:40:39 PM »

^^ AGREED!  Cheesy

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2011, 11:48:47 AM »

Just for shits and giggles we got bored one day and decided to throw my buddys Rota Grids on my 6-6, he had em on his slammed RX-7.  They look stupid as hell but it was a fun day.
Specs: 18 in. 9.5 wide +20 (i think)

Here's my REAL setup, just stock 6-6 wheels, but last spring I painted them Graphite Gray.  Waitin on a set of 20mm (fr) and 25mm (rr) spacers, should be here tomorrow, gonna paint the calipers black and the tophats of the rotors when I get em, Ill post up pics when its done.

And my winter setup, stock '09 Accord EX coupe (4 cyl) 17's wrapped in Blizzak WS-50s

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2011, 12:15:04 AM »

Those rotas are an all around bad idea.  Sure, they look silly on your car because the offset is low.  Those garbage wheels (yes Rotas are worth their weight in dog shit) with the low offset and stretch tires that look like a puckered asshole will ruin the look of any car. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2011, 12:18:37 AM »

Plus, we all know what kind of "safety" stretched tires provide. Didn't we bash the shit out of someone over wanting the stretched tires to do that hella guy bullshit?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2011, 12:23:36 AM »

I don't want em, like I said we were just bored.   I do think his FDooks totally fits, but it is WAY too low for me.  Cup kit is just fine in my book.  Like I said, I like the look of low, but its not practical and... I drive too fast.  It'd never work out.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2011, 07:15:22 AM »

So im hopefully puttin my spacers on tonight, anyone know the torque spec for the lugs? Im gonna put some threadlocker on and torque em to spec just to be more at peace of mind.  Normally I just do em tight... which has cost me a few studs in the past.

-Ryan

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2011, 08:25:48 AM »

Don't use thread locker on them.  The torque specs for lug nuts is 80 ft lbs.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2011, 08:28:01 AM »

Not a good idea?

-Ryan

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2011, 08:34:52 AM »

I run spacers on my car and I don't use thread locker.  If you want to make things difficult, go ahead and use it.

Tim
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2011, 08:36:00 AM »

Lol, ok.  Thanks man.

-Ryan

paulonfiya
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
paulonfiya pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2011, 11:59:18 PM »

| SOS | Inspire Fog Light | FF1 | Weds Sport | JL Audio | Focal Audio | Memphis Audio | Infinity Kapa |
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2011, 12:36:50 AM »

That just looks odd to me.  I don't like how your rear tires are all (ughh) "hellaflush", while the front wheels look like you have proper wheel fitment.  What's the reason for having the rear wheels all poked out with the stretched tires?

Tim
paulonfiya
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
paulonfiya pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2011, 12:54:13 AM »

That just looks odd to me.  I don't like how your rear tires are all (ughh) "hellaflush", while the front wheels look like you have proper wheel fitment.  What's the reason for having the rear wheels all poked out with the stretched tires?

i still need to roll my fenders n install my camber kit.. other word im not done yet. you got pics of ur car?

| SOS | Inspire Fog Light | FF1 | Weds Sport | JL Audio | Focal Audio | Memphis Audio | Infinity Kapa |
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2011, 01:10:03 AM »

That just looks odd to me.  I don't like how your rear tires are all (ughh) "hellaflush", while the front wheels look like you have proper wheel fitment.  What's the reason for having the rear wheels all poked out with the stretched tires?

i still need to roll my fenders n install my camber kit.. other word im not done yet.
phew, the rear does need some camber..

so, you stretched the tire because you didn't roll the fender?

I love concave wheels, but I don't like it when only one axle has concave wheels and the other has flat face wheels.  It looks funny to me.  But thats my opinion, and if you like it, keep it, it is your car.

you got pics of ur car?
Are you getting defensive?  He just asked you a question.

- Mark
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2011, 01:38:02 AM »

i still need to roll my fenders n install my camber kit.. other word im not done yet. you got pics of ur car?

Yup.  There's a few pictures of my current wheel set up on the first page of this thread.  They were down because I moved things around in my Photobucket account, but I just fixed that.  You can also see other pics of my car on my profile page.

If you haven't installed a rear camber kit yet, you should definitely take care of that as soon as possible.  That's the quickest way to destroy a perfectly good set of tires in a few thousand miles.  You may be better off cutting the quarter panel instead.  That lip is double walled and is very hard to roll.  Most shops just cut to get extra clearance.  The fenders and front wheels/tires look spot on as far as wheel fitment goes though. 

I have to agree with Mark though, which is why I made my initial comment.  It just doesn't look right to me that the front wheels are flat faced and are flush with the fender, while the rear wheels are concave, poked out and have a stretched tire.  To me, it would look a lot better if it was one theme front and back.

What are your current wheel and tire specs?  What are the wheel and tire specs going to be when you're finished?

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012