Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:50:23 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the ECU options for the V6?  (Read 23385 times)
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 02:24:30 PM »

^what kind of gains would you get from the FI/C on a stock motor?? (not talking about bolt ons).. to really reach the potential of the FI/C you might as well do some actual motor work.. headswap, port/polished, injectors, cams.. etc.  otherwise it's kind of a waste.

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 02:59:43 PM »

Quote from: "b_beau_09"
^what kind of gains would you get from the FI/C on a stock motor?? (not talking about bolt ons).. to really reach the potential of the FI/C you might as well do some actual motor work.. headswap, port/polished, injectors, cams.. etc.  otherwise it's kind of a waste.

All of this is on the list also. I'm aware that there is minimal potential with a stock application. Although it would allow you to reach the full potential of your bolt ons
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 06:01:04 AM »

I have sucessfully installed a couple FICs now both in AT and MT vehicles. You would probably only see minor gains 10WHP or less on a stock vehicle.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 03:49:52 PM »

Quote from: "NVA-AV6"
I have sucessfully installed a couple FICs now both in AT and MT vehicles. You would probably only see minor gains 10WHP or less on a stock vehicle.

That's what most chips/ECU Flashes do anyway. I would think this number would be enhanced with other upgrades such as intake and exhaust.

Stheman

Reputation Power: 0
Stheman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 09:48:53 AM »

I have the AEM FIC running my J36 right now without any issues.

STEVE
2004 ACCORD EX-V6
MDVACM Squad #15
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 12:01:46 PM »

I am still looking for eaither a shop where I can rent a dyno bth that will let me run it or a crack head deal on a dyno pack.

Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 12:20:09 PM »

I thought PTuning would let you rent it out. Could be wrong though.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 01:18:37 PM »

Yeah, at $175 hr and they have to run it.......

Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 03:45:48 PM »

Oh ok

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
05AccordV6

05AccordV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 05:07:45 PM »

Also the Apexi AFC Neo  is an option as well, but will need to be retuned every now and then.

thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 01:24:55 PM »

kinda inching for more mods. lol

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
mschumacher
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
mschumacher pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 10:21:55 AM »

Has anyone tried full standalones like a Haltech or the like?

I don't like piggybacks because the ECUs in these cars are smart enough to see through whatever you're trying to do (usually fooling the MAP signal), take other inputs and not work well, or atleast not without throwing a check engine light for some reason.

I don't have experience with immobilisers, but assuming that can be bypassed, I'd rather run a Haltech over a Greddy or an AEM FIC. I will go through their documentation tonight and see what's feasible.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 02:45:06 PM »

You guys should all post your interest over on Hondata's forum. There is a thread for it there. If they see enough interest, they may be inclined to start doing research an development.

J Swaps are becoming more and more popular.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 04:48:54 PM »

They WILL NOT do it for the 7th gens Motorola ECU, they can not get the info they need. Now the 8th gen uses a Denso ecu so there is hope for that one. I have looked at he wiring, ect and at least for MT vehicles the 8th gen ECU could be fairly easily retrofitted in. I am also working with AEM to get the 7th gen crank sensor pattern in the Series 2 EMS.

mschumacher
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
mschumacher pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 04:56:28 PM »

I don't think Hondata has any motivation to work on the J series engines. If you ever noticed in the past, they only went for the 'performance-oriented' engine in every generation. First, it was the B series (getting it to work on the D wasn't their priority. Then they went with the K and ignored the R engine which was another economy oriented engine. The V6, while being quite powerful, is nowhere near the 100bhp/ltr mark and there are few takers for it compared to the K or the B.

To expand on my previous post, I went to check what the Megasquirt guys had been up to lately. I didn't like their previous boards because the Honda OBD1 solutions were simply incredible and DIS/COP ignition wasn't a big priority. With these engines, since they came with COP from the factory, Megasquirt would be a good option.

Their V3 boards seem to have more than what we need (8 sequential ignition outputs and 8 discrete ignition outputs). We only need 6 of each to get sequential, which is what I like. Wasted spark is fine but I like to have sequential fuel injection.

And the best part is that it is relatively cheap compared to some big name piggybacks.
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megasquirtiii-ems-system-v357-assembled-unit-p-399.html

Honestly, I feel this to be a very good option. I will be looking into this for sure.

Matt at DIYAutotune is a friend and I will talk to him about this. I will be testing one on my car this year. If it works out well, I can pester him to think about selling this in a kit form like they do with their other MSPnP ECUs which are plug-in standalones based on the Megasquirt.
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012