Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:57:23 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Asimo's Audio Build (short circuit ??? )  (Read 14529 times)
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2009, 07:27:41 PM »

Could it be possible that I am clipping the amp?

The gain was set to maximum always with the deck sub level at 9/15 for the most part

I did try it with gain much lower and deck sub level 15/15 and it didn't change the noise.

I am buying that relay from crutchfield now since my local stores close by the time im finished work

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2009, 09:25:59 PM »

No, that is not the symptoms of clipping your amp.  For the record, the input gain is not a volume knob.  You need to match the gain (input sensitivity) to the output of your amplifier, otherwise it will clip.  If it's not loud enough, get a more powerful amplifier, better speakers, and a properly designed enclosure.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012