Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:53:13 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Car show ideas (for my job)  (Read 2550 times)
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« on: October 25, 2011, 08:06:43 PM »

Was thinkin about organizing an event for the adolescents I work with (residential facility) to go to a car event, or have a couple cars come to our campus for a bit. Anyone have any ideas for clubs or organizations that may be willing to do this, preferably in Massachusetts on a saturday or sunday morning/afternoon? The people and cars would have to be appropriate, so no "jdm as fuck" stuff, but rather a more mature scene, so maybe muscle cars or a mix. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 08:51:38 PM »

I would try organizing a cars and coffee. Find the local car clubs in your area and contact them and they will gladly come by

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
jdmaccord

Reputation Power: 7
jdmaccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 08:59:11 PM »

I would try organizing a cars and coffee. Find the local car clubs in your area and contact them and they will gladly come by

Check out Yuppie Racing. They usually have a good turnout when they organize meets
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 11:21:42 PM »

but rather a more mature scene, so maybe muscle cars
hahaha.. do those phrases actually go together?

honestly, i don't think any car clubs are mature.. but that could just be me growing out of the car scene..

Cars are cool, but just looking at cars gets boring..  Make it an event that includes having cars come out, but don't make it the central attraction..  Maybe setup  flag football or a 3v3 basketball tournament.. You can have folks in the car club form teams with the adolescents and play a game..  Include a barbecue or something, make sure people get fed..  Make an afternoon or day of it..  I think if its purely a car meet, people will start getting bored in about 30 minutes..

In my opinion, they'll ultimately remember how much fun they had if its an eventful day; but if its only a car meet, they'll soon forget about the purple mustang with white racing stripes that may have caught their attention for about 30 seconds..

or, you could meet up with the car club and go to a museum or something you think the kids will enjoy..  if the club is willing, they could let a kid or two ride in their car to the destination, the kids (and car club) will have fun and they not only get to see a cool car, they get to ride in one too..

just something to think about..

- Mark
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 03:04:06 AM »

Damn, sorry I forgot about this thread for a bit.  Thanks for all the input guys, especially Mark for putting so much thought into the ideas.  I definitely agree about how doing things like a bbq or having a social event as opposed to just a car show work out better.  That's actually what I did when I organized a show last summer - had a big bbq at a park and the cars were kind of secondary.  However, maybe I should have been a little more specific in my initial post.  I work at a treatment facility for behaviorally and emotionally disturbed adolescent males, who have particular issues with fire setting and sex offending.  We are a very strict and structured placement and are not too different from a lockup facility, so needless to say, community events are limited.  Because of this, all I would be able to do is either have a few appropriate cars come (with permission) to our campus for a bit, or take some residents off-site to a pre-organized car show where all they could do it look.  So, no pickup b-ball games, no rides in the cars, etc.  It's tough with such limited access, I know, but I figured that others' input could spark some thoughts.  But again, I appreciate the input thus far.  Unfortunately, now that it's November, it's only getting harder to do outdoor shows, so this may have to wait until next Spring.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012