Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 06:16:31 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iTunes  (Read 5593 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 09:01:03 PM »

Quote from: "Philly Steve"
LOL....oh the thought of countless mix CDs being "easy and simple" -shudder-
Ah, those were the days.

And I could reverse your question Z: Why doesn't Windows make all their programs Mac-compatible?
Reverse away dude. My answer: fucked if I know.

Personally I don't see what there is to hate about iTunes...drag your music into iTunes and it organizes everything for you...unless your media doesn't have ID3 tags in which case you've got to fill everything out manually anyway...

I do think things are simplified to the point where it is easy to make a mistake like deleting all your playlists or erasing your iPod by accidentally syncing to the wrong computer...the key here is backup. Backup backup backup. Once iTunes organizes all my music for me I just copy the iTunes Music folder and back it up. Each backup you have cuts your chances of losing stuff in half.

As for hating iTunes, I don't. As I stated previously, I have a Creative Labs: Zen Vision M. No need for iTunes. My iTunes is only for my 8gb iPhone that I hardly connect to my PC anyway.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
suleman_manji

Reputation Power: 3
suleman_manji pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 09:04:27 PM »

LOL....oh the thought of countless mix CDs being "easy and simple" -shudder-

And I could reverse your question Z: Why doesn't Windows make all their programs Mac-compatible?

Personally I don't see what there is to hate about iTunes...drag your music into iTunes and it organizes everything for you...unless your media doesn't have ID3 tags in which case you've got to fill everything out manually anyway...

I do think things are simplified to the point where it is easy to make a mistake like deleting all your playlists or erasing your iPod by accidentally syncing to the wrong computer...the key here is backup. Backup backup backup. Once iTunes organizes all my music for me I just copy the iTunes Music folder and back it up. Each backup you have cuts your chances of losing stuff in half.

exactly what i did but i do it differently (export library and it makes one .xml file with all playlists and folders) and somehow it messed up. damn file was 70+ mb!

And as of this matter of my library: i gave in and reorganized strictly by star rating. it's gonna take forever to give each song a rating lol.

TXCM Squad #2 | Profile | flickr | fb
[img]http:
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 09:58:14 PM »

Quote from: "suleman_manji"
exactly what i did but i do it differently (export library and it makes one .xml file with all playlists and folders) and somehow it messed up.

That "somehow it messed up" is how I learned not to use that method. LOL for some reason for me it would just create the .xml file and I'd still have to copy all my music and stuff...

And Z before anyone gets into the OS war, I will remind everyone that XEROX made the first Graphical User Interface, which Apple copied to create Macintosh, which Microsoft copied off of to create Windows.  :P
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 11:05:57 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
10780 items total in iTunes

9935 songs
12 movies
20 TV shows
813 podcasts

160 gb iPod classic - car audio
60 gb iPod video - car video
32 gb iPod touch - always in my pocket
20 gb 3rd Gen iPod - always at my office
1 gb 2nd Gen iPod shuffle - always in my pocket

I'm an organization freak, so I make sure that everything is organized by genre, artist, album, and so forth.  I have the browser feature enabled to navigate through all my music.

Wanna be my I pod coach I have a 32  GB 2nd gen touch and it's a fucking mess. I guess i've never really tried to organize it any hints for a rookie?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 11:27:10 PM »

Bring your laptop the next time I see you and I'll make sure to give you some pointers.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 11:31:00 PM »

That I will do you are the man...
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012