Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:59:42 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tokico "blues"  (Read 8576 times)
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 06:04:52 PM »

Well I was on the Tokico website and the only application they had for was the V6 only and I was told that it would not work on a 4 cycl. I can contact Tokico personally if wanted or you can through the number on there site to get an accurate answer.

I think the Koni's would be a better choice since they have a LIFETIME guarentee

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 07:54:28 PM »

so here is a copy of my old conversation with skippy on gen7 forum

nwinnie34:
okk... i need help, sort of a newbie question, not tryin to buy something im gonna have to return
i have been searching.... and searching and searching....
i have the cash and am about to buy the Tokico HR shocks and struts for my whip.... however on EVERY site i go to buy them from they say its only for the V6 coupe....
Does tokico make the HRs for my 04 4cyl sedan ?

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.aspx?cat=42 (bottom of page)
http://www.autocarparts.com/part/243/835/
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKICO-H ... 7-Honda-...
THEY ALL SAY v6 coupe..... im so confused.... i coulda swore they sold em for the 4cyl sedan.... AHHH!

reply by SKIPPY:
The engine type should not matter. I just cross-referenced Neuspeed's listing for the Koni SP3 struts for both V6 and I4 Accords and the part numbers are exactly the same.
The only thing that would matter is if you were to buy a complete suspension kit which includes struts and springs, then you'd need to make sure you had the correct engine type since the springs would be matched to that engine size.
Cross-reference the part numbers yourself just to make sure I saw the same thing and then you should be good to order the struts you wish to install on your vehicle.

not sure what to say... i hope i didnt buy shocks/struts that wont even fit my car, i did contact tokico at one time... sounds weird but i was half asleep when they called me back and i sorta remember them saying it should be fine
and that the parts matched up

i take it no one who read this post installed tokico HR blues on their I4?Huh?Huh?

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 11:38:05 PM »

I can't recall people goin with Tokico's. Most members here went the Koni route, but I could've sworn they had for the 4 cylinder at one time too. Like Skip said it shouldn't matter, you just gotta make sure you get the right springs cuz of the difference in weight between the two. I also thought Tokico had lifetime replacement too.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 12:22:32 PM »

they do have lifetime replacement.... and i have the eibach prokit for the I4.... so all should be good to go
just got a little freaked out thinking that i didnt have the right parts,.... but im 90% sure the shocks/struts for the I4 and V6 are the same....

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 06:32:09 PM »

Let me shed some light on this-

I have a pro-kit and installed Tokico HP shocks on my I4 and they are very nice.  Shocks are interchangeable between I4 and V6 models.  You can find these shocks new on ebay for $250 shipped.  I've had these shocks installed for almost 5 months without any problems. They are a huge improvement over oem...not bouncy at all...and not too stiff.

If you guys read, you will find that Tokico also offers a Lifetime warranty on their shocks....same as Koni. I decided to go with the Tokico shocks over Koni because I do not need an adjustable shock, the drop on my car is mild, and they are 1/2 the price of Koni shocks.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 01:35:38 AM by clapton924 » Logged
NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 08:27:55 PM »

clapton YOU are the man... i didnt think it would be so hard to get someone to chime in who actually installed these on an I4... thanks a bunch man

i was fully under the impression that these would work, but with some of the talk above i was tweekin haha
also... i will have the exact set up you do + ingalls rear camber kit... CANNOT wait

2 weeks......

clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 01:40:47 AM »

Quote from: "NWINNIE34"
clapton YOU are the man... i didnt think it would be so hard to get someone to chime in who actually installed these on an I4... thanks a bunch man

i was fully under the impression that these would work, but with some of the talk above i was tweekin haha
also... i will have the exact set up you do + ingalls rear camber kit... CANNOT wait

2 weeks......

I just want to confirm that you will in fact need that rear camber kit.  I installed my pro-kit but had a shop install the Ingalls camber kit and align my car. Even with a pro-kit which is considered a "mild" drop...my rear camber was in the -3's and factory spec is -1.

I think you will be very happy with the pro-kit and Tokico combo....the roads in New Orleans are complete shit...I mean bad, bad....and my ride is not too harsh.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 08:48:31 PM »

Holla!!! Thanx for the useful input Greg (clapton924). You just made my day... I honestly didn´t see a difference form the V6 to the 4cycl. as far as shocks are concerned but I wanted to make sure on the correct information before I wasted $$$.

Thanx again dude!!!!

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 09:51:08 AM »

I have been thinking about buying a set of Tokico HP Blues for my I4 coupe on sprint springs... I have about half an inch more drop than a pro-kit does anyone think that the tokico blues would work well with my application? Are the tokico's adjustable? and how soft are they?

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 10:51:30 AM »

The Tokico blues are not adjustable. They do work for lowered applications, but if you're looking for adjustable dampening, they're not the way to go. For adjustability, look into the Koni's or KYB AGX's. The Kybs are the cheaper of the two, but the Koni's have adjustable perches to change your height whenever you wish. Only reason I'm recommending the KYB's is because I ran those on my DA with a 2.5" drop. Once I got my dampening dialed in, that car laid flat no matter what I did to it. HTH.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 06:03:42 PM »

thanks , I am not like heart set on adjustable damping thought it would be nice to have i just kinda want shocks that will not ride too hard as the cm is my dd and i drive some shitty roads every day

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
Bobsk24

Reputation Power: 4
Bobsk24 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 05:02:35 PM »

Thinking about getting new shocks soon.  What should I get?  The Tokico Blues or KYB AGX? thanks.  I have the eiback sportline springs.

MDVACM #3
K24 5mt  (6 speed and M62sc coming one day....................)
NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 07:23:38 PM »

I have the Pro-Kit....

Tokicos FTW !
i love my set up...so tight... so nice
Cant speak for the KYB's but from 2 separate garages, both mechanics preferred the Tokico's over the KYB hands down
not sure why.... just listened and went with it...glad i did

GL

Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012