Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:13:08 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sam's News/Repost Thread  (Read 31189 times)
Sworkhard

Reputation Power: 1
Sworkhard pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 05:57:58 PM »

Rather than let them go under, I'd rather see them go into chapter 11 bankruptcy protect.  Of course, they'd need money to emerge from it, but if the government guaranteed, say, 11 billion in loans for gm, they could probably find people willing to invest in them.  Its significantly cheaper to reorganize while in bankruptcy protection than out of it.  Then they'd be able to reorganize and come out significantly more competitive, and likely, profitable.  Sure they are worried people won't buy card from a bankrupt company, but when the post a profit after emerging, people would start buying again.  Hopefully ford can find a way to stop loosing money soon though as they have some nice products right now.

[size=150]Stephen[/size]
03 Accord EX-L 5MT
Heckler

Reputation Power: 0
Heckler pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 08:10:50 PM »

Really a bad situation, but honestly I don't think the economic stimulus checks or company bailouts are a good idea.  What are we going to do, continue to dig our children deeper and deeper into debt?  Debt debt debt, that's all the US is anymore.  When is the rest of the world going to realize that and step in and take over our country.

I wish we could do something for the workers, but if the domestic car companies can't stay afloat on their own they should be allowed to sink.  I agree with the chapter 11 bankruptcy, it's a far better idea than a near $100 billion dollar bailout.

On the same subject of stupid liberalism's, Obama's plan to give us $400+ a piece in tax relief is absolutely fucktarded.  What a stupid liberal.  Jesus.  Do you think giving everyone $20-40 a month in tax relief is going to make ANY difference in the economy in the big picture?  FUCK NO STUPID.  Thanks for putting my daughters taxpaying future in even more jeopardy.  Mine as well bail out detroit too.  *sigh*...

Fujita intake, DC header, TSX IM, P2R Gasket, Hondata Gasket, Homebrewed catchcan, Ralco pulleys, Apex'i WS2 catback, Ingalls TD.
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 08:48:43 PM »

Quote from: "Heckler"
On the same subject of stupid liberalism's, Obama's plan to give us $400+ a piece in tax relief is absolutely fucktarded.  What a stupid liberal.  Jesus.  Do you think giving everyone $20-40 a month in tax relief is going to make ANY difference in the economy in the big picture?  FUCK NO STUPID.  Thanks for putting my daughters taxpaying future in even more jeopardy.  Mine as well bail out detroit too.  *sigh*...

I'm not sure on the specifics of this plan, but i'm willing to bet its 400 to the lower income families...which in turn will most likely be spent, meaning money is going right back into the economy....but then again, that was the idea behind the bush bailout and everyone just kept their money...no one's ever spoke of a trickle-up affect lol

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 12:21:49 AM »

Maybe you could try and consolidate it in one thread?  Considering that you're reposting stuff that is interesting and car related, but not really specific to our cars, it would be better to have an "off topic" repost thread that you can continue to update.  I'd like to try to keep the clutter to a minimum, so I would totally appreciate it if you could keep it contained in one thread.  How does that sound?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 03:57:36 PM »

Ya no problem, is there a particular subforum i should post these in?...offtopic?

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 09:56:17 PM »

I think that off topic would be an appropriate forum to keep it all in.  I'm going to merge this and the Corvette thread together.  Afterward, we can clean up all the other stuff.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 09:58:51 PM »

Topics merged.  I'd rename the thread and then I'll clean it up for ya.

Tim
Sworkhard

Reputation Power: 1
Sworkhard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 01:31:20 AM »

Quote from: "mnkyman"
Quote from: "Heckler"

I'm not sure on the specifics of this plan, but i'm willing to bet its 400 to the lower income families...which in turn will most likely be spent, meaning money is going right back into the economy....but then again, that was the idea behind the bush bailout and everyone just kept their money...no one's ever spoke of a trickle-up affect lol

When people start to have a bit more confidence in the economy, and things start to improve, $400 (assuming it is surplus, and not goverment debt) gives the economy a big boost as companies everywhere start to compete for the $400 and it really gets consumer spending rolling.  

The 700billin bailout for banks was the stupidest thing ever.  Buying these so-called toxic assets is one thing, as a lot of these can at least in part be collected eventually. Its quite another to give our hard earned money (Yes, i'm Canadian, but I still buy stuff made in the USA so the US gov't gets some of my money too) to these banks with no strings attached.) In my opinion, Obama is just turning the US economy into one saddled with way to many social programs and debt.  That's how countries become bankrupt.  And, because of all this spending on useless stuff, the inflation when the economy starts rolling again is going to be staggering, and will hurt many people more detroit and 1/2 the banks in the country going under.

[size=150]Stephen[/size]
03 Accord EX-L 5MT
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 09:04:57 PM »

http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/s ... p?t=514099
http://www.streetsource.com/ViewOwnerPr ... leID=51145

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 09:06:06 PM »

Personally i think it looks hot, minus the billet grills

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 09:41:12 PM »

I think it's a rice wagon but, thats just my opinion
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 10:25:10 PM »

I like it! Don't like he grille though...

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 10:29:02 PM »

looks crazy wow!

Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile