Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 04:10:36 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Traded the Accord in and a goodbye to Elitecm.net  (Read 19226 times)
BliNx197

Reputation Power: 7
BliNx197 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2009, 08:30:44 PM »

R U kidding me?! Hah! My engine's been built for 2.5 months now and its only been driven 5xx miles! I forget what the seating position is like in my car when its moving! But keep up the good work! I really am excited to see an a4 w/ Aftermarket Valvetrain hit the dyno! Gives a lot of folks hope!
rajin929

Reputation Power: 0
rajin929 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2009, 03:57:49 PM »

interesting engine build, looks awesome - keep up the good work, very clean car

2005 Honda Accord EX 6MT Coupe (CM8) - Graphite Grey Pearl
1999 Acura 2.3CL - sold
BliNx197

BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2009, 07:13:28 PM »

New Rims pics posted from Abailey4 take a look, needs a new name too, any suggestions
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2009, 07:22:04 PM »

Hmmm, those wheels look familiar. Looking good man. Where's your front lip?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2009, 07:28:46 PM »

Looks good man
BliNx197

BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2009, 07:53:37 PM »

Z, I lost the lip about a year ago in Ocean City when the suspension dipped too low n caught the lip on the ground. Then I pulled in to a parking lot which had a hump at the entrance and tore it off an ran it over,.. either way its too low not to even allow a front lip. Debating on a Body Kit anyways so we'll see in the coming months
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2009, 08:05:03 PM »

I didn't know you lost the lip. My bad. lol.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2009, 01:05:05 AM »

When are we gonna race?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
BliNx197

BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2009, 03:57:22 PM »

I have a flange to fix on the exhaust and have a new resonator installed tomorrow and as u can see its getting tuned Monday soooo,.. anytime after! If you come down we could get a meet going at MIR hopefully when you end up coming down or just go for a quick street run
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2009, 11:20:09 PM »

Well, at this point, I have a motor waiting to be swapped in this weekend.  I'm also waiting for a few extra parts to show up in January.  We can take a quick run for shits and giggles.  We'll see if I get down there in a few months on my way to FL.  I may take a slow ride down just to hang out with different people from the forum and see some new places I've never visited yet.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
BliNx197

BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2009, 11:32:51 AM »

Alright so Ill post up some Dyno graph pics later but the engine with test pipe and an extremely small post cat exhaust flange which will be fixed soon, also a rotting exhaust which will also be replaced

211.4whp and 165lbs.tq.

I wasnt exactly impressed with the #s when looking at the graphs, although this was a DynoDynamics Dyno and doing a lil internet searching Ive seen them run anywhere from 10-20% lower than a Dynojet. This specific Dyno at Ptuning has rated Stock STIs at 225awhp and stock ap1 s2000s at 195rwhp to give you an idea of the difference. Also the guy working their said one of his friends with a k20/k24 dynoed at 208whp with the same internals so porting the head and the test pipe mustve helped.

Vtec engages at 3800rpms, I know sounds low but it actually makes pretty good tq and pulls strong. the tuner said its alright to move it up about 500rpms if I feel it necessary since the map is tuned for it.3rd gear is soooo damn tall in k24s tho so its kinda hard to downshift n pull unless I go to 2nd, although off the line the car is extremely fun and breaks 80 damn quick.

Its drives a bit rough tho since it wasnt street tuned and Im not 100% sure the tuner knew everything he was doing he said he had tuned s2000s before on kpro. Not the same and not the best choice on my part so Ill prolly be retuning here in the future but for now Im just enjoying the car
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2009, 01:26:56 PM »

Not bad numbers.  My VTEC low threshold is at 3000, and I think the high threshold is around 4200.  I don't think 3800 is too low, but I'm also not a tuner, so I don't know much.  Which shop did you go to?

Tim
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2009, 01:36:33 PM »

he went to ptuning in manassas

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2009, 10:20:28 PM »

This is just a suggestion, but you may want to go to an authorized Hondata dealer since they are all required to have a dyno and know how to tune with Hondata software.  I made the same mistake by going to a shop where the tuner didn't know much about kpro, and my performance suffered.  If you go to a reputable shop that's authorized by Hondata, you stand a better chance of getting a tuner that actually knows what they're doing.

Tim
BliNx197

BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2009, 02:32:17 AM »

No no I felt the same way, unfortunately I had to put a downpayment on a tuning session way back when I thought I was gonna be using the AEM F/IC for the Blower but, I just sold that and have a few other things I need to do so this tune will do for now,.. I mean theres nearly a 13% decrease in a Dyno Dynamics from a Dynojet so by my calculations thats about 235+whp but I agree Tim Ill probably be going to InlinePro after I get my highflow Cat Converter and completely redo my exhaust, maybe put in an aftermarket clutch and the RSX-S flywheel at that time too
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012