Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:57:59 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to put the car onto jack stands in the rear?  (Read 3981 times)
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2010, 01:33:43 PM »

I've got a large floor jack and two jack stands... I wanted to prop the rear of my car on the jack stands so I can do some test work on the back with the wheels off

I  understand the 4 jack points are individual and can be used to push the car up and then replace wheels individually and then set back down..

How do we use these jack points to set a jack stand underneath the car? Back when I had a shop class about 7 years ago we had RWD cars so you could jack it up at the axel/differential and then put the stands underneath the jack points... but here I am confused because you would be jacking the car up with the jack points!

Tips are much appreciated

A S I M O
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 01:43:01 PM »

You place the jack on the tow hook.

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
stirfriedferret

Reputation Power: 2
stirfriedferret pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 01:43:45 PM »

I jack it up at the rear tow hook then put the jack stands under it when its fully lifted.

Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 01:46:16 PM »

Perfect, thanks guys!

A S I M O
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 04:28:52 PM »

Luckily I didn't need to jack it up at all to do what I was trying to.. but that brings me to two other questions... is is difficult to remove/lower the exhaust (or possible)? And does anyone have instructions to remove the rear bumper?

Either question will help me as I am continously trying to test fit a rear lip, but the exhaust pipe is in the way

edit: got the bumper off, was easy! I used some tutorial on cardomain for the 03

A S I M O
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 12:04:04 PM »

Does the front have a similar tow hook?

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 12:45:53 PM »

There are two tow hooks in the front at each corner.  You can also jack it from the center front area of the front lower sub frame.  There's a square shaped raised area with a hole in the middle.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
There's a square shaped raised area with a hole in the middle.

It also has an arrow pointing to it.  If you're too low, you'll have to drive up on some 2x4s like I had to to reach it.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »

any other good spot in the rear besides the tow hook? its too high to be useful for my floor jack

A S I M O
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 10:52:20 PM »

alternatively if there are other spots i can place the jack stands, then i can use the normal rear jack points in front of the wheels

A S I M O
MTsixspeed

Reputation Power: 2
MTsixspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 09:53:10 AM »

Quote from: "Asim"
any other good spot in the rear besides the tow hook? its too high to be useful for my floor jack

I use a piece of wood between the jack and the body to take up some of the space. That gives you more leverage to lift the entire ass-end.

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 10:34:12 AM »

A spot I've used is where the camber arms bolt up to the chassis. Its another one of those solid points that many people don't know about. I'm assuming you have one of those little jacks they sell an auto parts store that don't lift very high?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 05:59:10 PM »

I dont know if you still need this or not. But I jacked it from the side where the jack points are. And I placed the jack on the rear subframe. It is in front of the rear tires. Its a big circle looking shape with the bolt in the middle.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012