Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:01:31 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: car help/dealership help  (Read 2478 times)
rjp6262

Reputation Power: 2
rjp6262 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2009, 02:08:16 PM »

ok so im looking to move to the car i really originally wanted...the V6 6SPD coupe.

now should i try and stay away from smaller "mom and pop" dealerships and stay with big name dealerships(ie Honda, Acura, Chevrolet, etc.)?

found a 03 V6 6SPD coupe for $9 grand with 103K on it. more than my car has but should i really be worried about that mileage? and who thinks i should go for it? carfax is clean.

car link: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.js ... xists=true

any other advice is welcome! oh and on this car the badges on the dash are hideous so they would be first to go, then the aluminum dash kit would go as well...maybe even get sprayed black.
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 02:55:50 PM »

Mileage shouldnt be a concern dependin on what you're doin with it.  If you plan on building up the J then all that stuff will be replaced anyway so it wont matter.  As long as the car is good mechanically, cosmetically and the Carfax is clean you should be good to go.  Call them up and ask if you can have your personal mechanic check it out and if they say yes then work out something with Paul to have him look at it.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
suleman_manji

Reputation Power: 3
suleman_manji pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 12:20:49 AM »

make sure the maintenance has been done to it. especially the 100k. if i'm not mistaken the timing belt is changed that time around.

TXCM Squad #2 | Profile | flickr | fb
[img]http:
rjp6262

Reputation Power: 2
rjp6262 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 12:30:07 AM »

yeah i'll definitely give that a check. thanks for the heads up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012