Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:02:20 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To paint, or not to paint....  (Read 8683 times)
dizzle

Reputation Power: 6
dizzle pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 06:16:47 PM »

id go with graphite. i think that would be better than the flat black since you want a "stepped up from OEM" look. the flat black would probably be a bit of a bigger contrast as far as what your looking for in color scheme.

fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 07:21:21 PM »

i like how silver cars look with gun metal rims. so graphite that shit homie.

ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 09:22:26 PM »

Jonathan, these wheels if painted is going to make your car look as if you where back on steelies!!!

I love how the car is looking now bro don’t fuck it up!!!

Use my dumb ass as you example!!!!

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 09:41:19 PM »

Here's the actual graphite color I will be painting (or thinking of)

This was my DA before I sold it. The wheels were originally silver Konig Monsoons. Now you get an idea.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 11:34:51 PM »

+1 on leaving them alone.  I don't like the black and I think the graphite just makes your wheels look dirty.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 01:31:50 PM »

Paint.  You can decide which color.  They both look good.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
RTexasF

Reputation Power: 2
RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 09:20:12 PM »

I say save & cough up for new wheels. Nothing you do to the stockers will make any difference......get new stuff.

Rick, token old bastard.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 10:12:51 PM »

Wow. The naysayers in this thread are amazing. I'm just trying to do a little outside the box thinking. It's not easy for me to come up with money to just go and buy new wheels. It was hard enough to come up with the money to buy the ones on the car now. No aftermarket wheels will be mounted to this car and leaving it completely OEM doesn't cut it. If this is the kind of responses I'm going to get, there really is no point in asking for you guys opinion on the ONLY TWO OPTIONS GIVEN. Leavin them alone was not one of those two options. I'm done with this rant.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 09:41:43 AM »

You already got my opinion.  I can understand wanting to stay with the OEM look.  Skippy is the same way.  I will make one suggestion though.  Consider powder coating them over painting them.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 09:57:55 AM »

Thanks Tim. I considered powdercoating but don't know a place near me. I was thinking of paint because of the success I had with the different color schemes I had on my old DA's wheels. Plus, to paint I don't need to dismount the tires. And no one ever sees the inner part of the wheel anyway so I'm not worried about that. But the visible parts will change color from what they are now.

CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 10:55:19 AM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Thanks Tim. I considered powdercoating but don't know a place near me. I was thinking of paint because of the success I had with the different color schemes I had on my old DA's wheels. Plus, to paint I don't need to dismount the tires. And no one ever sees the inner part of the wheel anyway so I'm not worried about that. But the visible parts will change color from what they are now.

Gimme a few days might have a place in Queens or LI that does the powder coating! I gotta talk to my bro Dino...

EDIT: My bro don't have that # anymore. Try to goggle Powder Coating shops in Queens and Long Island. I know there is one close by... Good Luck on what you decide to do Z

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 05:42:04 PM »

One of my friends got a shop out in Queens that has the machine to do powder coating and sand blasting. I can't remember if it's big enough to accomodate a rim tho. He might know of some places out in LI too since I think that's where he goes to get the material and supplies.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

rocketstarter

Reputation Power: 3
rocketstarter pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 02:53:22 AM »

don't flat black them. I'd lay down a white primer and throw graphite pearl on them. ...I might just paint my x360 that color. lemme know if you wanna see what shade that'd give

“I like my coffee like I like my women. In a plastic cup.”

S60R NO MO

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 2 K
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2009, 09:38:59 PM »

Quote from: "Mr Eazy"
Z, it all depends on your theme direction.

IMO, I love the way they look on your ride as is. They flow very well and look really clean.

+1 Z, i think they flow very well on your car

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
seththekorean

Reputation Power: 4
seththekorean pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2009, 12:16:46 AM »

I think you should PC them a graphite, but maybe like what matt said,  about using a white or light color primer to make the color a little lighter. Because IMO, some graphites on those wheels end up looking like a shit load of brake dust or something. But I like the idea of PC'ing or painting them.
Matt (rocketstarter), before totalling his cm7, painted his wheels a bronze on his black coupe. (EX 16") and they looked amazing.

[size=150]Seth[/size]
04' Coupe k24a4 5AT
SECM Squad Member
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012