Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:04:42 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BC Racing Coilover Drop Range  (Read 3751 times)
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2009, 10:15:47 AM »

Anyone know what it is? And whether its for k24 or v6

A S I M O
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 10:29:45 AM »

I emailed them to find out!

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 10:42:11 AM »

That info isn't listed on their website?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 10:50:56 AM »

Nope just the application list:
http://www.bcracing-na.com/NEW%20BR%20P ... 20LIST.pdf

Also couldn't find anything on google about it

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 10:27:03 PM »

Hmmm, a fairly unknown company.  I've never heard of them before, but I also don't know everything.  That spring rate looks uncomfortably hight though.  For that kinda money, I'd go with something a little more commonly used.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 02:04:42 PM »

They are pretty well versed with scooby applications but not so much elsewhere. They are comparable to the Tein Flex.

My cousin has them in his Protoge.

There is too little information on the net about this company including their other baby companies who produce in the same factory (Ksport, D2, Megan both come out of the Bor Chuan factory from what I have read). This is why all these products have little info around and look the same with similar specs.

I got a reply back from BC Racing and they said "it can go very low" and the application is for v6 or i4. They then directed me to a NA reseller, whom I emailed the same question about the min/max drop and got the same reply. It is very likely that even they do not know what kind of drop range it really has.

I would hope that is something that should always be advertised (and it is by Tein, Eibach, Neuspeed, etc)!

Hope this information may help someone else down the road if they are looking at BC Racing/Ksport/Megan/D2 setup.

This is making me lean even further to supercup kit or tein ss

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 03:45:15 PM »

Yeah, that response makes them sound like a bunch of half assed jerk offs.  I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a suspension when it's obvious that they can't speak intelligently about their own products when a technical question is asked.  You're better off going with a Supercup kit or Tein SS, depending on whether you want height adjustability.  My prediction is that these idiots will remain a relatively unknown company if they keep treating their customers like a bunch of 16 year old kids with their parents credit card, instead of treating them with a little bit of respect.

Now I want to e-mail these jerk offs, just so I can let them know that "it can go very low" is not an acceptable response if they want to sell their product to intelligent people.

Tim
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 05:27:17 PM »

Okay, so here's the e-mail I sent...

Quote from: "timot_one"
Hello,

I'm interested in finding out how much your BR Type Coilover suspension will lower an 03-05 4 Cylinder Honda Accord Sedan in the front and rear.  Could you please tell me the range of adjustment from minimum to maximum amount of lowering available with your suspension?

Thank you,

Timothy Michaliszyn

...and here's the reply I got.

Quote from: "BC Racing North America"
They are dual height adjustable, so you can raise them and lower them without affecting shock travel.

You can have them about 1/2" below stock to about 3-4" below stock.

I would recommend going through one of our vendors since we do not sell to the public.  Go through Circuit Motorsports, they are one of our good vendors and can take care of you.  Their email is sales@circuitmotorsports.net

BC RACING NORTH AMERICA
1-407-637-2941 TEL
1-800-741-1972 FAX
AIM - BC RACING NA

Hope that helps.

Tim
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 11:09:45 PM »

Yeah I emailed the reseller again and got that information too.

Thanks Tim. I hope this may aid anyone in the future (including myself)

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 11:52:38 PM »

Spring rate seems kind of high to me if you're looking for a comfortable ride.  I've ridden in an Accord with a suspension with a 14k front and 9k rear spring rate and it was terribly uncomfortable and stiff.  You could feel every bump on a newly paved road.  I'm pretty sure they were D2's, so you'd basically be getting the same thing based on your earlier post.  Not worth giving up the comfort IMHO.

Tim
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 06:09:01 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Spring rate seems kind of high to me if you're looking for a comfortable ride.  I've ridden in an Accord with a suspension with a 14k front and 9k rear spring rate and it was terribly uncomfortable and stiff.  You could feel every bump on a newly paved road.  I'm pretty sure they were D2's, so you'd basically be getting the same thing based on your earlier post.  Not worth giving up the comfort IMHO.

That is quite stiff, might as weld solid poles in where the shocks would be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012