Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:21:11 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Request] Seafoam or not  (Read 3934 times)
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« on: August 30, 2009, 07:57:52 PM »

I know there's a few threads already on here about this stuff but they don't seem to answer my questions.   :roll:   I've had a bottle of Seafoam in my garage for like a year, and my car's got about 56k miles.  My first question was, on a K24, what is the recommended method to use this stuff?  IIRC, the bottle says either a.) through the intake or throttle body or something, b.) in the oil, or c.) in the gasoline.  I assume each method attacks crud at specific locations in the car, so maybe all three routes would be best?  So that was my first question.  My second one is, since I use Chevron Techron Complete Fuel System Treatment about every 5-7k miles (poured into my gas tank), is Seafoam even worth it, or is it just the same as the Chevron and therefore overkill?  (Paul, help me out)

NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 08:12:51 PM »

def do it...

put 1/3 of the bottle in your oil
put 1/3 of it in your gas tank
and the tube that connects to the front of your intake manifold... disconnect that tube and SLOWLY pour the remaining 1/3 into that intake mani

you will hear the car want to stall out... just slow down and take your time doing it

when said and done you will want to start yur car and let it idol for a little...occasionally revving the motor up to get the seafoam thru the system, this will result in white smoke coming out of your  exhaust.... once the smokes gone... yur good to go brother !

before and after pics of what seafoam does is unreal... unless you have like 150k+ miles you should def do it
once you get that high on mileage you might actually clean out too much shit and clog your CAT converter or other random parts

do it up man... very worth the $8

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 10:17:30 PM »

here you go bro

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1445

1/2 through the vacuum line and 1/2 in the gas tank. Dont do the oil its not really necessary and if you leave it in there too long it will eat up the gaskets. Also when you are doing it through the vacuum line have someone rev it to 2k so it doesn't just die out when u pour it in. I did it through the brake booster line. Let it sit for 15mins. Then Rev your car have see the White Smoke of death!!! lol

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 11:46:08 PM »

I'd only do it in your oil and your IM vacuum port since you use that other stuff in your gas.  Be careful with the oil though, because Ken brings up a valid point in his post.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 08:25:05 AM »

I'm personally not a big fan of the stuff after reading a blurb by Paul about it a while back. No matter the mileage on the car anything that is cleaned up has to go somewhere, and the general thought in Pauls blurb is that it get caught at the cat. Maybe doing it once wouldn't be so bad but, I wouldn't make a habbit of it.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 05:00:15 PM »

You could always disconnect your catalytic converter and just run an open header while it's spitting that shit out.  Harder to do on the V6, but easy enough for the i4 guys.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
hondaguy214

Reputation Power: 1
hondaguy214 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 11:53:23 PM »

i would not do it throught the brake booster line. its bad for it. i would do it through another vacuum line coming off the manifold or something. I got a machine at work that i use :-D

NECM SQUAD#6
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 01:22:17 AM »

... I gotta read the instructions on the bottle again... there seem to be a lot of conflicting opinions here...

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 08:43:49 AM »

If you disconnect the cat I don't see any issues.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 12:26:54 PM »

just get another hose and do it where the brake booster is. That is what I did. I didn't know where the other vacuum line was.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 12:15:38 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
If you disconnect the cat I don't see any issues.

By now, the bolts on the cat have to be rusted to shit.  They ain't coming off.

So we got one person saying to do it through the brake booster line, and Dom's saying that's a bad idea.  Hmm...

So, there's three ways to do this per the bottle's instructions, with each route tackling different issues within the car internally:

1.  Gas tank - Since I use the Chevron stuff, I see no point in going this route.  :x

3.  Through either a fuel line, vacuum line, or the intake system.  This one seems feasible and claims to clean out a lot of stuff, but the issue that Paul raises worries me, and I'm not clear as to whether or not you should allow the car to suck it all up and stall, or if stalling is bad and you want it to keep running.  Also, which line would be best... the one that connects right to the front of the intake mani?   :oops:

xodus

Reputation Power: 1
xodus pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 04:33:53 AM »

well depending on where you put it through if you stall out the car by flooding it with fluid there is a rare chance of actually locking the motor up... and it would be best if you can get a drip tank and let it idle at 1500 and just drip its way through.. usually takes about 20-30min. then turn the car off let it sit for about 5 min and watch the mosquito repellant lol.

LS2 GTO =)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012