Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 10:53:59 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] Ikethegreat  (Read 68293 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2012, 06:04:30 PM »

A lot of times once the work starts they won't total it. Body shop is owed for the work done to inspect at that point. They will def. Find more damage.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »

This

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2012, 08:29:31 AM »

I went and checked the car out on Friday.  The work looks to be coming along well.  They said they should be finished the bodywork this week and will be painting it early next week.  It SHOULD be finished by the end of next week.  It has been over a month without my car and I sure do miss it!   Cry

The hood as been repaired but the front bumper still needs to be replaced.

The entire rear end will be repainted up to the doors and the doors will be blended. 

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2012, 08:47:53 AM »

Ask them if they can respray those calipers
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2012, 08:56:45 AM »

I love seeing pictures of this stuff! Sorry you've been without it for a month Sad  I was without my car for a week and i was a wreck! Thanks for posting pics! Can't wait to see the car all done. Smiley
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2012, 10:23:43 AM »

Do you want to ask them what the difference in cost is to just respray the doors instead of blending them in?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2012, 12:30:43 PM »

They're going to have to blend anyway.  It's just a matter of how far forward they go.  If they paint the rear doors, they're going to have to blend the front doors.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2012, 01:03:51 PM »

I guess I'm just used to wrecking entire sides.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2012, 01:09:04 PM »

Ask them if they can respray those calipers

Flippa!

I was thinking about asking them how much extra to just respray the whole car but I don't think I want to put anymore money into the Accord at this point.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2012, 01:14:13 PM »

Might be worth it to ask. At least then the match will be 100% Blending works but under certain light conditions you can see it.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2012, 07:48:39 AM »

They told me a full paint job for my car is $4k.  They were willing to do the whole thing for $1.5k extra on top of what the insurance check covered.  No thanks.  If it had been under $1k I would have definitely thought about it though. 
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2012, 10:27:09 AM »

No room to negotiate. By the way from expierence when you pick up your car make sure you see it in the sun. That way you can truely see the quality of the paint matching. Look at it like detailing stronger light shows the blemishes.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2012, 08:40:19 AM »

Update time!!

I went on Friday to look at the progress on the car.  Only the owner was at the shop and he was tinkering with his hotrod.  We bullshitted for a while and I brought up having my whole car repainted again.  I told him I had really wanted the whole thing done but it was out of my price range.  He asked me how much I had been quoted by his guys and when I told him $1.5k, he was like, "That's way too high!"  He told me to just give him $200 for the materials and he will have the entire car painted except for the roof!!  They are even fixing a couple dings I had on my doors. Needless to say, I'm very happy with that.  She goes in for paint today or tomorrow and I'll have her back by Friday!

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2012, 08:46:06 AM »

Omg! That's so awesome! So happy for you! Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2012, 10:29:36 AM »

That's a hell of a deal. His guys were trying to take advantage and make that extra coin off you. I can understand trying to make an extra dollar but that was a bit steep. Good thing you met with the owner.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012