Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:49:09 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone use deionized water?  (Read 7604 times)
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2009, 04:42:48 AM »

Anyone here use deionized water when washing cars? If so do you have your own water deionizer?

I use the ones at the car wash place after a wash so there is no need to dry the car since there are no "water spots" when it dries.

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 07:05:28 AM »

whats the name of the car wash place you use? maybe there might be a similar place like that where I'm at.
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 08:34:20 AM »

no particular one, any general self-wash place. Most of the time they label it as "spotless rinse"

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 08:47:28 AM »

None of my local car washes offer this although I wish they did.
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 10:53:31 AM »

Cant remember seeing that.  The last time I used a self car wash was in Myrtle Beach last year right after we arrived. I wonder if you can buy a deionizer?

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »

Is it not just like a water softener? Maybe not, but I occasionally go through a place called Goo Goo was and they have a spot free rinse.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 06:33:45 PM »

The quarter wash has one of those things too.  I haven't really tested to see if their "spotless" rinse is just snake oil, but I guess I could give it a try.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 07:20:58 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
The quarter wash has one of those things too.  I haven't really tested to see if their "spotless" rinse is just snake oil, but I guess I could give it a try.

It's worked the couple times I have used it. It usually sprays at a slower speed though, so you have to be quick to get all the "spot" water off the car

As far as results go, a water softener will probably give you the same effect (As long as it is not salt tablet based)...Deionizied water is just another step above that.

I wonder how much a home based dionizer would cost. Only experience I have had with them besides at the car washes are the large wall mount ones found in labs. Those are probably over the top for a car wash, they run the water by UV light along with some intense filter lol. the one in the lab I work in gets the particles down to 18ppm....to bad we autoclave it after that as well to make sure there is absolutely nothing living in there lol.

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 10:20:09 PM »

You could just get one of those Mr Clean spray and wash things.  I dry my car after I wash it, so it's not usually a step that I take at the quarter wash.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 05:48:34 AM »

You could just get one of those Mr Clean spray and wash things.  I dry my car after I wash it, so it's not usually a step that I take at the quarter wash.

Ya I usually do that, but at school I have no driveway to wash my car and don't really feel like doing it in the parking lot :/

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 08:36:43 AM »

I used the MR Clean deal in the past, and it actually seemed to work. I never used it on the accord because the filters for it get a little expensive. But, I used it to wash my black camry all the time, and with no drying I got no water spots.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 11:35:20 AM »

Quote from: "mnkyman"

Ya I usually do that, but at school I have no driveway to wash my car and don't really feel like doing it in the parking lot :/

Then you're in the same boat as me since I don't have anywhere to hook up a hose at my apartment.  I just use the quarter wash down the street.  It's great for not making a mess on your driveway when you clean your engine!!

Tim
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 11:46:14 AM »

yea the mr. clean thing works the same way - surprisingly good actually

J u s t i n
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 02:28:24 PM »

I had one of those things when I lived in Waltham and had a hose.  I'm sure it works just about the same as the one at the quarter wash.  Maybe I'll give it another try one day.

Tim
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 02:56:40 PM »

i might pick it up. its nice not to dry your car. less chance of picking up dirt and created swirl marks on your car.

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012