Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:54:26 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] Ikethegreat  (Read 67859 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2012, 12:23:52 AM »

I know how that is.  I hate garages that have 2 smaller doors.  It's just one of those things that I don't want to have to navigate around.  There are a few houses in my neighborhood that have 3 car garages with one large door and one small door, but some have 3 small doors.  It just doesn't make sense to do it that way.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2012, 03:15:25 AM »

18'-0" wide is about as wide as you can get for a garage door and that's without going custom. You can swap out the two doors later for one door if it really bothers you. They'll just beef up the header to handle the point loads.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2012, 12:47:19 PM »

Good thing we have an architect here that knows what he's talking about.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2012, 12:17:46 AM »

Meh.  Need to know more about mechanical shit. But anyways. All in all, that's awesome about the house and I wish you the best with it and the awesome paint job on the car.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2012, 09:35:46 AM »

Winter mode.  Washed and waxed the car as well as the wheels. 

The garage seems so much bigger when it is empty...

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:38:36 AM by ikethegreat » Logged
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2012, 11:55:22 PM »

price on that house is amazing! I'm in B-more too (Mt. Washington), are you inside or outside the beltway?  We haven't been able to find anything decent in the 200-250k price range at all.

-brian
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2012, 08:28:20 AM »

I'm in Essex.    That was our price range as well and we had a lot of trouble finding a house too.  While the total price on this house was a bit higher than we wanted to pay, we were able to get a lot of assistance being first time home buyers that made having the house built cheaper overall than spending less on a already built house. 
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2012, 11:14:06 PM »

very nice.  We'll have to do some more research on the first time buyers stuff that's out there.  I'd love to get new construction if the right price point can be had.  congrats on the new house though, I'm jealous.

-brian
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2012, 02:08:42 PM »

As most of you already know, I redid my entire audio system over the weekend.  Here is a list of that I used, a brief review, and of course a bunch of pictures!

1.  Metra 99-7803G DD kit -  See the metra thread in the audio section for my review of this kit.

2.  Kenwood Excelon DNX6990HD -  This head unit is completely bad ass.  The sound is so crisp and clear.  It has a Garmin GPS system built into it, which I absolutely love.  The HD radio sounds 100x better than any normal radio signal I've ever heard.  The Ipod hookup and playback are nice.  It shows the album cover and name of the artist/song/etc. on the screen.  You can even use a split screen so you can control the ipod and see the navi at the same time.  I don't have a smart phone so I can't comment on the bluetooth part but it does support bluetooth.  The audio controls and EQ are nice and I can do more tinkering than I'd ever want to. 

3. Metra Axxess ASWC - After many years I can finally use my steering wheel controls again! 

4.  Monster 16 gauge speaker wire - Previously I had a static/hiss noise coming from my speakers that you could clearly hear when the music wasn't playing.  After running all new speaker wire to each speaker, the noise is completely gone.  The speakers produce a crystal clear sound now. 

5.  Replaced the crossovers for my front speakers.  When one of my old front speakers blew several months ago, I replaced both speakers but reused the old crossovers because I didn't want to rip apart the interior looking for them.  They were actually harder to find than I had thought.  The driver's side crossover was mounted behind the fuse box and the other was mounted under the carpet on the floor of the passenger seat. 

6.  Installed RAAMmat BXT II to sound dampen the front doors, the trunk lid, and the rear deck.  This stuff is awesome.  No nasty smell that you get with cheap sound dampeners that use tar, like Fatmat or Peel N Seal.  This uses a butyl tape as adhesive.  It is simple to install, but very time consuming.  It got rid of all the vibration and rattling in my doors.  From outside the car, the trunk doesn't rattle nearly as much as it did before. 

On with the pictures!

Day shot

Night shots

Display screen

ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2013, 02:14:11 PM »

Cry Cry Cry

ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2013, 02:14:49 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2013, 03:00:22 PM »

Haha too bad the first pic didn't show up at first.  So I saw the second pic first. Tongue

Very nice.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2013, 09:17:58 AM »

Thanks to Audioman79 on v6p for the new trunk build!!!

From this:

To this!:

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2013, 09:40:28 AM »

Wow! It's so clean! Looks great Ike!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2013, 10:18:17 AM »

Now THIS I like.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012