Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:33:12 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One of those DUH moments.  (Read 2313 times)
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2009, 05:59:38 PM »

One of the things that I hate about keeping my car clean is that despite my everyday attempts to keep the interior clean, the carpets always seem to collect little bits of dirt and dust. Just something I have come to expect and accept with a dark color interior, until yesterday.

Last night, after surveying the damage to the Porsche (see General section), I realized that there was such a simple solution to this problem, without having to drag out the vacuum and extension cord. It was one of those DUH moments. In the theory of K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid), I took a piece of packaging tape off the roll that sits right on the workbench in the garage and used it like a  lint roller to basically put it on all the dust and dirt particles and ta da, in less then 30 seconds, the carpets looked like I just vacuumed them.

This is not to say that I won't really vacuum them each time I wash the car, but it is much simpler and quicker when just wanting to maintain the carpets staying clean. I can literally do this as I am leaving or the end of each day. DUH! I was so happy that I figured this out. I am going to keep a roll of tape in the car now, so I can always make sure the interior floor looks its best. LOL
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 07:23:16 PM »

Nice idea.  I still need to get one of those lint things that is in that other thread just to try since my seats are cloth and are lint magnets.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:20:49 AM »

Does it have to be packing tape? I'm inclined to say a lint roller would be even better than taking a piece of tape and laying it down in multiple places. But of course if you live in a place with a lot of sand like me you get a lot of sand stuck in the fibers of the mats and have to beat it out  :sad:
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 09:23:52 AM »

Nice idea. I got a set of mats to cover my mats (lol), and they are pieces of junk (from Walmart). They slip and slide all over the place, and aren't even big enough, lol. I'll have to buy some heavier duty ones sometime down the road. But at least I can keep the majority of the dirt on those mats, which are expendable.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012