Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:23:11 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] SilverAccords06n12  (Read 4475 times)
SilverAccords06n12
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
SilverAccords06n12 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2014, 10:44:05 PM »

About Me:
Interests: Gasoline engines, Firearms, Camping, Fishing

About My Car:
Model: 2006 Lx Sedan
Color: Silver
Engine: K24A8
Tranny: 5MT

Current Mods/Future Plans: Currently bone stock.  I have ordered all new fluids, filters, Plugs, Belts and such.  Replacing as they arrive.  Looking for larger intake manifold and headers on the cheap, and am going to read up the forums to decide where I want to go with from there.  Most likely just bolt on parts for 2014.  Also need to epoxy or replace front bumper Smiley

Pictures:

This is my daily driver while I am messing with the K24A8!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:57:26 PM by SilverAccords06n12 » Logged
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 10:54:59 PM »

Not bad considering your unemployed. I need your job....errr daily driver I mean..
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 11:06:05 PM »

Welcome! Cheesy love both the rides!
SilverAccords06n12
Fucking Newb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 11:55:11 PM »

Glad to be here!   Not sure how active I will be, as the majority of my questions can be answered by a quick search, but since I don't have anything going on during the days, I'll be lurking around here a lot!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 11:33:24 AM »

Welcome.  Be careful with the cheap header.  It may be worse than the stock manifold or just cause a lot of headaches.  I had a DC header that kept breaking over and over again.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
SilverAccords06n12
Fucking Newb

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 02:35:58 PM »

Haha, Timot, you keep popping up with these helpful hints!  Thanks a bunch!

For the time being, I have only purchased minor restoration parts.  If anyone is wondering, I only spent about $180 on amazon, and got:  

4 NGK plugs
1 Fram carbon cabin filter
1 Bando serpentine belt
2 bottles Honda PS fluid
2 bottles Honda brake fluid
2 bottles Honda M trans fluid
2 gallons Honda type 2 coolant
1 bottle TB cleaner
1 bottle seafoam
2 purolator pureone oil filters
pack of 14mm oil drain plug washers
10 ft clear vinyl tubing (for trans oil change)
Turkey baster (fluid removal)
1 pack of binary epoxy (for crack in front bumper)
1 bottle engine degreaser
1 long narrow funnel

I should get everything in about a week, and might even try to photograph/video a little bit just for fun/reference.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:47:09 PM by SilverAccords06n12 » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 03:43:07 PM »

There is a drain plug on the transmission, so a turkey vaster isn't necessary. You can add fluid with a tube to the fill hole on the side of the transmission, but I've found it easier to use a long funnel and fill it from the top fill hole on the trans. When fluid starts coming out from the side fill hole, you're topped off. As long as the car is level, you'll be good.

I only share this stuff because I've had experienced it already. You don't have to make the same mistakes I did. I've probably spent more money than I should have on my accord.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 08:26:40 PM »

Welcome to ECM Dan

Rich
SilverAccords06n12
Fucking Newb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 05:01:31 AM »

I have never worked on a Honda before, so I'm not fully sure of my methods working, but the turkey baster is actually for removing fluids from reservoirs for fluid changes/flushes.  Even if flushing a whole reservoir of brake/clutch/PS fluid down your lines is not bad, I personally feel better taking dirty fluid out the top of the system.

The narrow funnel and a small piece of vinyl tubing will be for filling the top plug on the manual trans from above.  The rest of the vinyl is replacement for my camelbak water pouch for hiking   Cool
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 05:13:20 AM by SilverAccords06n12 » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 08:16:29 AM »

Gotcha.  Now I understand the turkey baster.  The tubing will probably not be necessary for your trans fluid if your funnel is long enough.  When bleeding the brakes, you actually start at the wheel closest to the master cylinder and work your way out, instead of furthest to closest like most cars.  Don't ask me why, that's just what's in the service manual from Honda.  Good luck with the maintenance stuff.

Tim
SilverAccords06n12
Fucking Newb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 06:08:53 PM »

I need more of that luck stuff...  I have not received any of my supplies yet, and lake Erie is dumping snow on my city like crazy.    I have all this free time and no parts   Cry    I am kind of excited I get to buy and use a metric socket set though, I've only ever needed standard sockets my whole life.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012