Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:35:31 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jackson Racing Supercharger  (Read 19860 times)
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« on: May 02, 2008, 01:00:20 PM »

So my mechanic at work has been trying to convince me to go with the JRSC for the RSX-s for a while now.  He took it upon himself yesterday to make some calls and found out that it should yield 110whp and I think 120tq. He said also he was on the Hondata forums and some other stuff. The only thing is he said I would need to get the RSX ecu with Hondata and I guess flash it with the specs of the K24. I was also told to contact Brian at Hasport for the details on the other things that need to change. Sorry for the half ass explanation but I was barely listening yesterday when he told me all of this over the phone.  I've got a lil knowledge when it comes to this stuff but definitely still learning. With that said someone please drop the knowledge bomb and help me fill in the holes so that I can see if this is even worth the time and money. Oh and Paul I still have plans for what we talked about but I've pushed that back a lil farther than next year and I figure when we do go the swapping route I can sell of the supercharger pretty easy so I'm worried about wasting money cuz I always figure out a way to get it back.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
msedacca

Reputation Power: 0
msedacca pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 10:38:09 PM »

If you're going to be doing some eventual other "swapping" I would suggest don't waste your time on something that isn't proven whatsoever. Going from firsthand experience, when your trying something thats never been done, expect tons of headaches and problems. I did tons and tons and tons of research, preparation, you name it, and was still left with unexpected problems and mixups on my build. If you intend on going with the turbocharger route or something else, then just wait and research that or save up your money for it to build something nicer. To add to the fact, the "flashing" of the ECU doesn't seem like it will work. There are premade k24 baselines tunes on the Kpro packages, but thats it, just baselines.

Sex should be like driving a honda....
slow, obnoxious, and loud enough for everyone to hear.
I'm a huge newb with cars, but I just happen to have a turbo.
turbHO
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 12:18:50 PM »

Just like Mike said, if you're going to do a swap it's better to wait.  You will basically be doing twice as much work, costing you more money in the long run.  I am going to mirror Skippy's advice by saying this.  Figure out what goals you have and what you want the end result will be, then start working towards that goal.  IMHO, buying a SC before you build a n/a motor, is putting the cart before the horse.  You will just end up wasting money.

You can use a RSX-S JRSC, but you're going to need an adapter that I think Hasport sells, so contacting Brian over there is a good move.  I've talked to Cham about using a K20 SC and it will work with the adapter.  If you're going to be getting an RSX-S ECU, get KPro.

What are your goals with building the motor anyway?  We really haven't talked much about that, but I'd be interested in finding out what you have planned.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 01:28:15 PM »

Thanks for the advice guys. My goal is to be somewhere in the range of 250-300 to the wheels. I'm not gonna be like everybody else and say that I want to hit that mark and not lose any reliability or functionality.  That's why I plan to get this stuff going once the car is payed off next May because we already have another DD and Ashley plans to get something else once she's payed it off.  This is basically gonna be my project car. I'm not really gonna track it and I wouldnt mind it being in shows, I just want something with a good amount of grunt that will shock the hell out of most people.  I'm kinda leaning away from the sway because that's a lot of work and time for power that I just dont really need but I am about 80% sure that I wanna swap the tranny in a years time because I hate the auto. The SC I think may be my best option at the moment due to supposed better reliability than the turbo and also by keeping it a 4 banger I'll still have somewhat of an advantage regarding fuel economy.  What kind of prep would I have to do for the SC? Is it like the turbo and you have to build up the internals or can you just straight to bolting on? As far the ECu thing I may have explained it wrong because like I said I was half way listening when he crammed all this down my throat in like a 2 minute time span. LOL!

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
msedacca

Reputation Power: 0
msedacca pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 02:06:21 PM »

I haven't built up any of my internals (if you put pistons, rods, valvetrain into that category) at all and I've been running the turbo for over a year now with only minor problems in reality. The downpipe broke because of the increased engine movement during shifts, installing three simple metal rods connecting the engine better to the car fixed that problem. I broke the springs in my clutch, but that can be attributed to a hundred different things. So to answer the turbo question, no it is not necessary to build up any internals unless you start going crazy. Just to note, I've run at least 300whp reliably.

Sex should be like driving a honda....
slow, obnoxious, and loud enough for everyone to hear.
I'm a huge newb with cars, but I just happen to have a turbo.
turbHO
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 02:17:38 PM »

Coo Coo, sounds good Mike. So did you get everything worked out with that shop that dicked you over? Or did you find out that what they said was actually the truth?

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 10:34:14 PM »

With the TSX SC, you won't need an adapter.  With the RSX-S SC, you'll need an adapter plate or gasket.  Cham knows who makes the adapter that you need for the RSX-S JRSC.  Engine management is a must and you should not run any kind of FI without it.  K Pro is best.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 12:17:56 PM »

Yeah I was looking at the one for the TSX the other day.  I was highly dissapointed though when I noticed it only yields a 40-60 hp gain. I dont know if that's that the wheels or not but even so that's very minimal for the cost unless there's something I'm missing. So I'm thinking more in the realm of going with the head sway and then SC!

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 11:51:48 AM »

You'll definitely make more power with a head swap and a SC.  I'm sure if you do your research and build your motor right, you can make some repsectable numbers and retain reliability.

Tim
rocketstarter

Reputation Power: 3
rocketstarter pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 03:10:29 AM »

you might wanna look into this http://www.kraftwerksusa.com/product-de ... oductId=43

here's a dyno on a k-series [most likely a built k20]

http://www.kraftwerksusa.com/kw-dyno.php?productId=43

on a stock motor you'd have the problem of too much power towards the redline. But notice the torque curve. Impressive I'd say.

you'd till need [I'd at least highly recommend] an intercooler and piping, BOV, EMS, and a stronger clutch.

anyways, that's what I had planned til I wrecked and possibly totaled the car on saturday.

good luck with the build!!!

“I like my coffee like I like my women. In a plastic cup.”

S60R NO MO

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 2 K
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 06:16:09 AM »

Nothing beat displacement Derrick..... NA builds already at 300WHP with great reliability....

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 11:27:54 AM »

The only problem with the Kraftwerks SC is that you lose your AC.  Most of us aren't willing to lose that comfort in a DD.  If it was a track car that I was building, I'd be all over that though.

Paul, I'm sure that a well built n/a K24 can achieve the 300 hp mark too.  I think a bump in displacement would help too though.  I've always wanted to get the Brian Crower 2.6l stroker kit.

Tim
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »

I have seen a 300WHP K, it was a 2.7L stroker/bored with 13.5:1 compression with ITBs and standalone EMS and could only run race gas, it barely broke 300....

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 05:15:42 PM »

What kind of head and cams was he running?

Tim
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 06:44:40 PM »

Quote from: "NVA-AV6"
Nothing beat displacement Derrick..... NA builds already at 300WHP with great reliability....

This is a old thread.  I'm still planning on what you and I've talked about. Jus waitin til the car is paid off and in my possession. Once mine is done you can play with Ashley's RL. She's already given you permission after she saw what I did to one in a Speed 3 last week. LOL!!!!

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012