Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:47:31 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: noob question about the headlights  (Read 3314 times)
aavq85
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
aavq85 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2009, 10:12:35 AM »

i got some HIDs on the car right now from DDM tunning. i noticed the car turn the headlights and parking lights off after u turn the car off and lock the car (and wait a few seconds). i usually have my parking lights on all the time for safety reason, is it good to leave them on and let the car turn them off by it self? or should i stop being lazy and turn them on and off Smiley

thanks

aavq85

Signature deleted for not following FORUM RULES
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 10:32:49 AM »

you have hids hooked up to your headlights. i would recommend turning them off. hid bulbs need time to heat up when on. flickering them on or off could drastically shorten the life of the bulbs

Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 11:09:03 AM »

^agreed.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 11:20:46 AM »

i leave my nob on all the time, it does cut the life of the ballast because its turning on everytime i turn on the car....but to someone like me who deals with HID lights on every day, i have my HID's running everytime i drive the car, day and night.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 11:52:27 AM »

If i'm reading the question right hes asking weather or not he should turn of the parking lights not the HID's.
aavq85
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
aavq85 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 11:58:24 AM »

yeah its more of an issue with the parking lights. the HID's i usually turn them off. just to be safe. but during the day i never turn my parking lights off since the car does it automagicly

Signature deleted for not following FORUM RULES
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 01:24:41 PM »

You're fine if you leave the parking lights on.  If you flick your HID's on and off like that, you will ruin your bulbs.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 02:33:35 PM »

+1 to what Tim said.

The only time you need to worry about HIDs flicking on/off with your parking lights is when you have HID fog lights and you have done the wiring modification to make them come on with your parking lights. In this case, they will flash with the parking lights when you lock or unlock your car and ruin the bulbs if you leave the switch on. I personally made a custom harness to remedy that. I leave my parking lights on all the time for safety too and now I don't have to worry about turning off my fog light switch or my parking lights ever.
Otherwise your headlights will only flash when your alarm goes off or you hit the panic button.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012