Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:50:03 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seatbelt question...  (Read 7219 times)
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 08:32:32 PM »

Yeah, that is true, my main concern is the damn seatbelt light and the dinging noise

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
05AccordV6

Reputation Power: 10
05AccordV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 02:03:32 PM »

How did you mount the harnesses in your car?  Would like to see some pics, did you get short ones or long ones.  If you could show mounting locations I would greatly appreciate ie.

Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 02:29:56 PM »

this is not advised but will cure the problem. underneath ur seat are three harness's. one is gray, one is yellow and i believe the third is either blue or black. disconect the third one. this will stop the beeping noise but create a air bag light in your gage cluster. then you can remove the gage cluster and mask off the air bag light with black electrical tape. reassemble and all is well. the tape is not visible and the are no annoying lights or noises. ONCE AGAIN THIS IS NOT ADVISED AND IS PROBABLY ILLEGAL! tim if you feel this should not be posted, i'm sorry and please remove it.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 05:44:17 PM »

I think you covered your ass by mentioning that it's probably illegal.  I know it's not safe in any way, but I think the legal part depends on local laws.  I would not advise doing this modification also.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 09:50:18 PM »

I did it the right way and just took the switch out of the factory buckle and taped it... I got long harnesses and trust me I am the self-proclaimed ECM Fat-kid and they fit me great with a lot of room to spare. My harnesses have been mounted the right way. By which , I mean they are mounted where the factory seatbelts were in the rear and for the lap belts they are mounted on the sides of the seat where the factory seatbelts were mounted. I will take pics for you tomorrow, I am dog tired I just got back from a 8 hour drive home from the beach

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012