Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:44:08 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seatbelt question...  (Read 7218 times)
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2009, 02:00:56 AM »

Ok, so Matt and i put in the NR-G harness bar and harnesses today. We could not get the switch out of the factory seatbelt switch for the seatbelt light out because the screws that hold it into the factory seatbelt clip thingy are torx head and have a pin sticking up in the center of it. This pin causing us to not be able to get them out on matts 05 they came out no problem but my 06 was the opposite lol. my question being, would it bo ok to leave the seatbelt light on and deal with the beeping until it goes away, until i get some seatbelt thingies to go into the factory ones? Also if I do this, if in the event(god forbid) I have a wreck with the seatbelt light on will it cause the airbags to not deploy if need be ? Thanks you guys your input is greatly appreciated.

-Big Mike

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 08:48:46 AM »

That "pin" you're talking about makes that screw a security torx. It's possible you're airbags won't deploy, but I couldn't tell you for certain. I'd say you put the factory setup back until you have what you need to do the job right.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Slammedk24

Reputation Power: 1
Slammedk24 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 08:52:05 AM »

if its a torx with the pin in the middle, its just a security torx bit. you can pick on up at any parts store or place that sell tools.  But the airbags should still deploy even if the computer think you dont have a seatbelt on.  I've seen plenty of wreck where people werent wearing one and the bags deployed

Tory
"Low and Slow"
Slammedk24

Reputation Power: 1
Slammedk24 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 08:53:30 AM »

dammit you beat  me to it

Tory
"Low and Slow"
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 09:10:15 AM »

LOL. Gotta be quick bro.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 10:22:19 AM »

you drive like an old lady Mike, why do you need sealt belt harness? lol

So what you guys decide to do?
exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 10:17:59 PM »

What the hell are you talking about jeremy?  my cruise was set on 90 most of the way home from the accord meet today..

Thanks guys i will try to find a security torx bit tomorrow... if not i know where a wrecked CM5 is in a junkyard and ill cut the factory clickers out and put them in the stock thingies haha

SECM Squad #3...kinda
stirfriedferret

Reputation Power: 2
stirfriedferret pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 01:10:27 AM »

Is an airbag really necessary if you get in an accident? I mean you do have a harness.  If you get tboned, I don't think there's much an airbag can do anyways... That's just me. I'd prefer that my air bag doesn't deploy if i had a harness on...

exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 10:33:32 AM »

that is true, my main concern is being able to drive without the seatbelt light dinging at me the whole time. It shuts up after like 20 minutes or so but most of my commutes around here are 20-30 minutes

SECM Squad #3...kinda
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 10:44:42 AM »

go to home depo or something and get those torque wrench. we have them at my store.

but why do you even need it. splice into wire that goes to your seatbelt and i think you can just cross it to make light go away, im sure its something simple as that.

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
stirfriedferret

stirfriedferret pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 11:34:18 AM »

Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"
go to home depo or something and get those torque wrench. we have them at my store.

but why do you even need it. splice into wire that goes to your seatbelt and i think you can just cross it to make light go away, im sure its something simple as that.

+1

I also didn't know that it would stop dinging after 20mins. I also had a racing seat and a harness installed in my car.  I was too lazy to find the wiring diagram in order to fix the dinging.   Instead, I ran the seatbelt behind my racing seat and stuck it into the buckle. Haha.

exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 10:13:23 AM »

Actually it is really simple all you have to do is take the 2 screws i am referring to out of the factory buckle and pull the button out out it and tape it to where the lever on it is pushing the button down. i will take pics when i get time to go look for the right tools and actually do it

SECM Squad #3...kinda
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 04:25:23 PM »

Quote from: "stirfriedferret"
Is an airbag really necessary if you get in an accident? I mean you do have a harness.  If you get tboned, I don't think there's much an airbag can do anyways... That's just me. I'd prefer that my air bag doesn't deploy if i had a harness on...

You know our cars have side airbags right? All the EX models 03-04 and every car 05 and up at least.
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 07:15:41 PM »

But even then you are still held in place by the harness

SECM Squad #3...kinda
stirfriedferret

stirfriedferret pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 02:15:41 AM »

Exactly. And even if you're hit hard enough, those side airbags aren't much help.  I think the harness does quite a bit of the work. Enough so you won't need to rely on airbags.

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012