Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:35:57 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My K Series Is Losing Oil Thread  (Read 31775 times)
Evolved1

BANNED

Reputation Power: 0
Evolved1 is looked down upon.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2010, 04:14:11 PM »

Yeah, I park in the exact same spot every day at work, and in my garage at home, never a drop of anything, besides when the crank shaft pulley broke, all the oil was on the ground in my garage..
Evolved1

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2010, 04:17:27 PM »

Sorry I came on here and got ya'll panties in a wad I was just being ignorant haha. I beat on my car very hard.. you guys would be dissapointed in me. But thats just how i have always been with every car i drive, i beat on it and when it breaks i upgrade it. My car went down hill fast, and i am a professional detailer and am very anal with vehicles and mine is a pile of junk IMO, but It will all be fixed soon.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2010, 04:26:01 PM »

It's fine. If there is a legitimate problem, which it sounds like there is, I think everyone here would like to do all they can to help you out. Sometimes it is hard to decipher what is bullshit and what isn't. If you are straightforward and honest there are some very knowledgable people here that can lend a hand. So, if it were me and I wanted an answer, I would cut the crap and give the facts in a coherent post.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2010, 04:33:50 PM »

I'm with Stupid
Once we get used to you though, its cool to fuck off. No panties in a wad here. You're new and we saw you as another fuck off and got on the defensive quick. We've had our share of assclowns and have dealt with them accordingly. Anyway, I don't know why I'm thinking this but have you visually inspected your cams, plugs, and seals?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Evolved1

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2010, 05:15:03 PM »

I haven't checked anything, I just always add oil to it and everything seem's fine. I was always running 87 octane in it and im pretty sure it pings, so i changed to 94 octane and it kind of went away, the sound acctually sounds like walnuts rattleing in the intake lol. I havent changed the air filter once since i bought the car have cleaned it a few times tho, I am going to build a cold air intake for it, so i am just waiting for my fabricator to fab one up for me. I will post pix when I get it done. Gonna change the oil tomorrow and see whats up, no leaks or nothing tho which is odd.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2010, 08:15:50 PM »

I'd check the compression first.  Like Z said, pop off your valve cover and take a look at your cams.  I ran into a similar problem with my car and this is what my cams looked like at around 150k. 

I haven't torn that motor apart yet, but I plan on it when I have some spare time.  When I checked the compression, it was within spec.  From the conversations I've had with a few engine builders, they're guessing that it's either the rings or the valve guides.  I know that oil was literally spitting out my exhaust.  If you held your hand an inch away from my tail pipe for a few minutes while my car idled, your hand would have drops of oil all over it.

I know you don't really give a shit about your car, but you may want to take it easy until you figure out your problem or just drive it into the ground.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2010, 10:06:04 PM »

Here is a picture of my car.

Is it just me or does this look photochopped?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2010, 07:22:44 AM »

Looks pretty similar to mine. I have an admirer or a stalker. Take your pick.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2010, 09:04:54 AM »

theres nothing wrong with having an admirer/stalker...

thats why Billys car is so similar to mine and im cool with it  Tongue

I agree with the other guys on here, i would take it easy on the car until you get the oil problem sorted out. Thats a TON of oil to have magically disappearing...

Steve - NECM #4

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2010, 09:30:09 AM »

Stalkers are creepy.

How much oil do you lose on a weekly basis?  If you're running that low before you fill it back up, you're starving your engine of oil when you drive, and you're definitely going to grenade your motor quickly.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2010, 02:06:48 PM »

Damn Tim! Busting out with the old ass pics? You know Levi don't have those wheels anymore and your car is far from that now.

Anyway, back OT. Like Steve, Tim, and others have said, take it easy with your ride before you end up replacing your engine for treating it like dog shit.

Evolved1

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2010, 11:32:44 AM »

Looks pretty similar to mine. I have an admirer or a stalker. Take your pick.

Only difference is mine looks good and yours doesnt ::oh snap::
Evolved1

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2010, 11:33:45 AM »

I changed my oil yesterday everything went fine, oil didnt look burnt up or anything, who knows tho. I will now check my oil every time I fill up with gas, and carry a qt of Mobil 1 with me.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2010, 12:13:07 PM »

Oil isn't going to look burnt. Burnt oil is burnt in the cylinders, and expelled thorough your exhaust system
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2010, 01:37:30 PM »

I'm with Stupid

I can't get enough of that smiley.  laugh

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012