Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:33:21 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: k20a2 head on k24a8  (Read 40815 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2009, 04:37:03 PM »

Hopefully FPro is a solution.  Too bad it's not available yet.  It may be worth talking to Cham and seeing if he has time to take a look at everything the next time he's in Baltimore.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
BliNx197

Reputation Power: 7
BliNx197 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2009, 08:45:08 PM »

Prolly wont be able to get it up to Baltimore according it Paul, when I drove it on Tuesday it seemed as tho the a8 ECU was starting to adjust to the differences in the air, obviously it needed tuning but it started to bitch and bitch less according to the AFR, then again it did throw different CELs that day, instead of just the Cat. Conv. one it started tossing out knock sensor CELs as well,.. if this last route doesnt work I may not be able to drive the ride til Fpro or until I save $$$ for my buddy's Kpro,.. we'll see
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2009, 12:01:53 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Hopefully FPro is a solution.  Too bad it's not available yet.  It may be worth talking to Cham and seeing if he has time to take a look at everything the next time he's in Baltimore.

Well, the plan at this point is to install the Si ecu which can properly run the 50d VTC, MAF and VTec, basically it can handle everything without tuning except for the displacement increase, for that I have already installed a set of RDX injectors (410cc) and can use the fic to purley fatten up the fuel and let the Si ecu run the rest for now.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
BliNx197

BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2009, 01:03:14 AM »

WOW! IDK why I didnt think about this before! Buuuut,.. I could kick myself now,..

Definately wish I had used the 09+ TSX Pistons (11.0 cr) instead of the 04-08s (10.5 cr) Seriously I wanna slam me head through a wall,

http://k20a.org/forum/showpost.php?p=456204&postcount=1

:-( even worst is,.. there the same price,.. and of course you could say 11.0 is too high to S/C but FG2 Si guys are using the Eaton M62 as well so yea! Well you win some and you lose some,.. a little knowledge to anyone planning on building a k frank in the future!
ADI

Reputation Power: 1
ADI pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2009, 03:04:22 AM »

^ i think ur right 11.0:1 compression is not 2 high for a s/c applications, turbo its probably cutting it very close, i have even seen where people build up their k20a2 and k20z1 and throw forged 12.5 compression pistons and make crazy power and have lots of power down low (s/c'ed)

they also did some testing and i believe (have to find the thread) 12.5:1 was the highest compression where they were able to make power (on a m62 blower) anything higher then they started making less, because they had to cut on the timing a lot cause of knocking.
BliNx197

BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2009, 03:33:29 AM »

Mmmm... well I still have a knot in my stomach thinking about it and hell my cars not even tuned yet! Well Whatever! Your running 11.0 in your k24a arent you ADI? I mean most 06+Si guys are dropping 12.5s in their frank blocks and making upwards of 250whp,.. Hell Ill just be happy to get 230+whp max NA. Guess that'll correlate to about 270 chp.

Looking for 400+chp w/ FI running no more than 10lbs. So lets see! If Paul can duplicate what Im looking for then thatll be easily attainable with the right $$$. Oh well Im just rambling now! I need to get to bed! Night all you crazy Kers!
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2009, 01:55:29 PM »

Quote from: "Skippy"
If you're not happy with around 220whp with a stock TSX motor

Skip, how do you recon a K24A2 will make 220whp stock?
BliNx197

BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2009, 12:28:45 PM »

recon? well, a k24a2 is basically a lower revving oem frank engine(if 10.5 cr), and those make 220+whp generally when tuned, why wouldn't an a2 do the same? obviously kpro is needed as well, or another ems that controls vtc, only other options would be flashpro. Possibly AEM EMS, not familiar with it tho
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2009, 01:20:58 AM »

To my knowledge, the stock K24a2 motor makes 180whp. I'm not sure if I believe that Kpro will grant you a +40whp through tuning. If it does, that is pretty cool.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2009, 02:29:02 AM »

205 hp/164 tq for the 2006+ TSX.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
BliNx197

BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2009, 03:17:51 AM »

Sorry I did leave out something. VTC advancement, the a2s only have 25 degree VTC gears (or whatever you wanna call em) and 3 lobe k20s have 50 degree advancement gears. That provides a pretty big increase in power over the entire rev range.

And no Im not saying Kpro is going to give you a minimum 40+whp but with the possiblity of an extra 1300 rpms over an a2s stock 7200 redline (not sure on the a2s valve train longevity at this rpm and the Oil Pump prolly cavitates around 7.5k+ id imagine)

and another 25 degrees of VTC advancement, full VTC, ignition fueling control and of course other parameters the factory has programmed for a completely stock a2, 40+whp is definately within reach and the fact that the a2s crank is a little different from the a4/8s so revving higher may be easier on the engine in terms of longevity and effort.

Obviously this is assuming full generic bolt-ons too
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2009, 03:31:51 AM »

205 hp/164 tq for the 2006+ TSX.

Those numbers are from the crank...not at the wheels.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2009, 07:55:21 AM »

Yup, I went with chp instead of whp because no company ever gives you whp and we never really talked about drivetrain.  I'm just posting the information that I found.  I'm not trying to argue or say that anyone is wrong.  Unless you have a TSX to take to the dyno, I'm going to go with that.  Now, I understand your speculation about Skippy's comment.  I'm not sure if it's a typo or not.  I assume that he not intentionally bullshitting anyone considering that he is one of the 4 people that I trust and go to for advice about performance upgrades, and he also works for Acura.  On top of all that, I know him pretty well, consider him a close friend, and know that he doesn't make bullshit claims.

Tim
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2009, 02:19:09 PM »

Yup, I went with chp instead of whp because no company ever gives you whp and we never really talked about drivetrain.  I'm just posting the information that I found.  I'm not trying to argue or say that anyone is wrong.  Unless you have a TSX to take to the dyno, I'm going to go with that.  Now, I understand your speculation about Skippy's comment.  I'm not sure if it's a typo or not.  I assume that he not intentionally bullshitting anyone considering that he is one of the 4 people that I trust and go to for advice about performance upgrades, and he also works for Acura.  On top of all that, I know him pretty well, consider him a close friend, and know that he doesn't make bullshit claims.

I too trust the words of the Skip....i just found this to be surprising.
BliNx197

BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2009, 09:25:43 AM »

http://k20a.org/forum/showpost.php?p=38228&postcount=19

Granted this is a k20 head on it but its similar enough and a stock a2 bottom end. Even more so addition of ITR cams may have slightly helped the top end even tho the a2 have the most aggressive/largest overall K-series cams. Just so you get an idea. Additonally the redline is set at 7500. Easily 220+whp even if this was an a2 head with the same redline.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012