Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:11:40 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspension upgrades  (Read 2660 times)
mitchigan

Reputation Power: 1
mitchigan pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2009, 02:14:19 PM »

Hey guys, I'm going to tell you how my car is driven and what I plan to do with the car come spring time. I want your inputs please if it will be too much or too little of a set up.

My Accord is a DD that commutes through ~35 miles round trip of Michigan roads five days of the week. It is shared by me and my wife. I drive moderately (i.e. <5 mph over and avoid road hazards) with a few bursts of boy racer here and there, but seldom do it. She drives without a care of what's on the road and is prone to not watching her tachometer/speedometer or for that fact the well being of the car. Our car also gets our two kids around town so ride quality can only slightly be compromised.

In about a few weeks after researching several suspension threads in various Accord forums and saving enough money, I will option for a HFP drop, Acura TL A-Spec 18x8 +45offset with 235/40r 18 summers, TL-S F&R antiroll bars, V6 6MT tower strut., Ingalls F&R camber, and Cusco type II brace. Is this a good upgrade combo for our varied types of driving esp. in the road condition of MI??? (Michigan roads are horrible during the spring when road crews are trying to fill all the gaping pot holes left from the winter, heck we might even still be in winter until May…) I just don't like the floaty feeling of the stock suspension, the high body roll, and the understeer in our Accord, even my wife can tell the Accord has subpar handling compared to our last car, but that was an Audi w/their "sport" suspension package and quattro drivetrain. Thanks in advance!

CM66 Taffeta White J30A4
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 07:04:56 PM »

Sounds like a good plan, but you may feel yourself wanting a little more with the HFP suspension.  I'd also suggest a rear camber kit.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Sworkhard

Sworkhard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »

Quote from: "mitchigan"
Hey guys, I'm going to tell you how my car is driven and what I plan to do with the car come spring time. I want your inputs please if it will be too much or too little of a set up.

My Accord is a DD that commutes through ~35 miles round trip of Michigan roads five days of the week. It is shared by me and my wife. I drive moderately (i.e. <5 mph over and avoid road hazards) with a few bursts of boy racer here and there, but seldom do it. She drives without a care of what's on the road and is prone to not watching her tachometer/speedometer or for that fact the well being of the car. Our car also gets our two kids around town so ride quality can only slightly be compromised.

In about a few weeks after researching several suspension threads in various Accord forums and saving enough money, I will option for a HFP drop, Acura TL A-Spec 18x8 +45offset with 235/40r 18 summers, TL-S F&R antiroll bars, V6 6MT tower strut., Ingalls F&R camber, and Cusco type II brace. Is this a good upgrade combo for our varied types of driving esp. in the road condition of MI??? (Michigan roads are horrible during the spring when road crews are trying to fill all the gaping pot holes left from the winter, heck we might even still be in winter until May…) I just don't like the floaty feeling of the stock suspension, the high body roll, and the understeer in our Accord, even my wife can tell the Accord has subpar handling compared to our last car, but that was an Audi w/their "sport" suspension package and quattro drivetrain. Thanks in advance!

Given you have a sedan, you might want to go for the eibach pro kit for 06-07 v6 accords.  It will get rid of the larger gap in front compared to be back, and rides just as good or better than the HFP suspension too.  You can order the full kit with shocks for ~600, Neuspeed supercup territory, but that supension package is for 4cyl accords.

[size=150]Stephen[/size]
03 Accord EX-L 5MT
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 04:43:11 PM »

^ Stephens option seems to be the best to me if you dont want to drop the dough on some Basics.  Also to help with the body roll bigger sway bars are a must.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Sworkhard

Sworkhard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 03:06:29 PM »

You also don't need a camber kit for the 06-07 v6 accord prokit.  A 17mm acura tl sway bar is probably ideal for the Original Poster as well, as there have been issues with snap oversteer with the 20mm one, and the 17mm one still makes a big difference.

[size=150]Stephen[/size]
03 Accord EX-L 5MT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012