Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:57:37 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EliteCM Banner  (Read 22210 times)
jim
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
jim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: April 23, 2008, 04:58:44 PM »

If you guys would like, I can make a better banner for the site using the same overall design... I just have a few questions and would like to kick off a discussion about your guys' (and mainly Tim's) wishes...

First of all, I need to know exactly how big to make it.  The picture I see on my screen is 800 wide by 121 tall.  Is that about right?

My next question concerns the background color... right now its set to white, but it doesn't have to be white.  If the color around the banner remains static, then I can match that color and make the banner appear to be uniform with the color and design of the site... is that something you guys would want?

Another thing, what font is that in the banner?  If I made another one, I would most likely have to re-do the font (which means I have to download that font to my comp).

Of course, I mean to put my sig somewhere in the picture, but it will be very very small and hopefully will not detract from the design.

Any other ideas?  I'm pretty much going to take this idea back to square one and re-do it, so anything is possible... just let me know ;)

And lastly, I'll most likely be pretty busy until next weekend sometime so don't expect anything overnight... it'll be a work in progress.

[size=150]jim[/size] | EliteCM Profile | CSCC Solo | CA Hwy 2 Team
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 07:52:20 PM »

Quote from: "jim"
If you guys would like, I can make a better banner for the site using the same overall design... I just have a few questions and would like to kick off a discussion about your guys' (and mainly Tim's) wishes...

First of all, I need to know exactly how big to make it.  The picture I see on my screen is 800 wide by 121 tall.  Is that about right?
The image was set to 800x121 statically.  When I tried the code with auto-width and height, IE had an issue with keeping that to the header.  The banner ended up taking up the whole page in IE.  It was set to 800 width to account for various resolutions, and the chance that people may still use 800x600.  For others with larger resolutions, the banner would be wrapped with blank space.  We'll be ok as long as the max width of the banner is 800px.
My next question concerns the background color... right now its set to white, but it doesn't have to be white.  If the color around the banner remains static, then I can match that color and make the banner appear to be uniform with the color and design of the site... is that something you guys would want?
Feel free to set the colors how you see fit.  Do keep in mind though, there is another theme available for member use. This theme is set to default, and the banner isn't set as the banner on the other theme.  I don't know if you want to make two banners or a banner that works with both themes, but I leave that decision up to you.
Another thing, what font is that in the banner?  If I made another one, I would most likely have to re-do the font (which means I have to download that font to my comp).
I don't remember.

- Mark
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 06:23:16 PM »

Jim, you're more than welcome to do as you wish and flex your creative muscles.  I liked your design with the profile of the sedan and coupe enough to steal it, so I'm sure you'll be able to do a good job.  The name of the font used is Edwardian Script ITC.  Any input you have will be greatly appreciated.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
jim
Fucking Newb

jim pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 01:28:40 AM »

This is just the same banner with a makeover... I'm still learning about Illustrator so I'll keep working and see if I can't make anything better.  As for the other theme, since theres no spot for a banner I wouldn't even know how to make it... oh well.  Oh yeah, photoshop matched the background color but I noticed that its a shade off... I'll see if I can't make it better.

edit:

Success!!  :D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 01:44:45 AM by jim » Logged

jim
Fucking Newb

jim pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 01:40:12 AM »

Hmm I guess we can't delete our last post like we can in G7A... oh well thats another new thing I learned today lol.  I was able to match the color on the site, and I posted the new banner in my previous post^ since the background on that post is the same blue as in the banner while this post is white.

edit: I realized that even the second version is a little off in color... let me know if its noticeable or not.

jim
Fucking Newb

jim pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 03:25:32 AM »

OK this is the last version I'm going to post before anyone says anything... sorry about the triple post, but I don't want to keep adding edits to older posts.  This one is almost identical to version 2 except that I my sig is a little clearer.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 01:35:59 PM by jim » Logged

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 01:32:38 PM »

Looks good Jim.  I'm sure Mark will have it implemented as soon as he has some spare time.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
jim
Fucking Newb

jim pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 01:40:12 PM »

Yeah let me know if you guys would like to use it for anything else... now that I have it in vector form I can blow it up to the size of a building without any loss of clarity.

Heckler

Heckler pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 08:17:34 AM »

Is this different than the current banner?  My biggest complaint about this forum.  Sorry, I can't view pics so its not a stupid question.  :)

Fujita intake, DC header, TSX IM, P2R Gasket, Hondata Gasket, Homebrewed catchcan, Ralco pulleys, Apex'i WS2 catback, Ingalls TD.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 11:32:43 AM »

Nope, it's the same as the current banner.  So, your biggest complaint about the forum is the banner?  That can be corrected fairly easily. ;)  

I'd actually like to update it pretty soon.  I love Jim's original design, but the font needs to be updated.  Since I'm not a photoshop guru, I am asking for anyone's help on this.  Jim is MIA because of school, so I don't expect to hear from him until the late spring.  Anyone willing to step up and give us a hand?

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 12:35:43 PM »

I can try if you can explain what we need. I have photo shop and have played a little bit.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 01:08:38 PM »

Make it prettier and with a nicer font. ;)

Tim
Heckler

Heckler pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 02:59:19 PM »

The font is ugly and it doesn't look very clean.  It's pixelated.  Throw a pic of a real car up with elite cm on it.

2nd complaint, we need more posts and more G7A members (none of the noobs)

:ugeek:

Fujita intake, DC header, TSX IM, P2R Gasket, Hondata Gasket, Homebrewed catchcan, Ralco pulleys, Apex'i WS2 catback, Ingalls TD.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 03:15:08 PM »

I agree with the font statement.  I'll try to get something else going on this weekend since I have some free time.  If anyone has any pictures they want to use, PM me or e-mail me with anything you'd like to use.  

As far as your complaint is concerned, you could always post a suggestion in our Site Suggestions thread.  We can't really "make" anyone join or post.  I have been telling people about our forum and encourage them to join.  As a new forum that is still starting out with a relatively small member base, the amount of posts is just going to have to grow over time.  Thien has been busting his ass to recover lost DIY's and other useful threads from g7a and repost them over here.

Tim
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 03:46:43 PM »

Quote from: "Heckler"
it doesn't look very clean.  It's pixilated.  Throw a pic of a real car up with elite cm on it.
:

Yeah, that’s exactly what I mentioned to you yesterday over the phone.  I don’t know if an image of a 7th generation accord would be best because it would look as if ECM is trying to mimic others.

Quote from: "Heckler"
2nd complaint, we need more posts and more G7A members (none of the noobs)
:

Oh my god :shock: ; LOL SO true…

Quote from: "timot_one"
We can't really "make" anyone join or post.  I have been telling people about our forum and encourage them to join.  As a new forum that is still starting out with a relatively small member base, the amount of posts is just going to have to grow over time.

That will be unavoidable, the gear heads and the folks looking for information will have to find it somewhere.

Quote from: "timot_one"
Thien has been busting his ass to recover lost DIY's and other useful threads from g7a and repost them over here.

Thien, for that we thank you. “Save the Archive”

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012