Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:06:44 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: Ingalls Rear Camber Kit.  (Read 45243 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 09:23:15 AM »

This will come in handy very soon! Great info as usuall Thien.
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 09:37:08 AM »

snapped a bolt gettting 1st bar out...do i have any other option than getting honda replacement bolts ??
called 4 dealerships and they arent in  stock

luckily got a nut to catch a thead and screwed it on pretty good for now
only got 2 bars installed

would using  a  regular 17mm nut and washer and bolt be fine to use?
if so i will cut or torch these off today and be done with it-

let me know soooooon

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 11:23:08 AM »

IMO, you should be fine if you went with grade 5 or better bolts and nuts. Actually, go with grade 8 bolts. Toughest shit you can put on. Hell, the off road guys use those bad boys.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 12:17:25 PM »

my bolts were seized as well. shop had to cut them off

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 06:47:44 PM »

SWEET! i just bought a kit for my car... i will be picking it up sometime this week.

NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 07:35:06 PM »

wow........ i don't even wanna go into detail about my friday night/saturday morning/saturday afternoon.... i now have 3 of the 4 bars on...
snapped the first bolt and spent $14 and a 20 mile drive on a new bolt and hardware to do install......
this project can be a giant WHORE if your car decides to let you have it
unbelievable amount of pb blaster torching hammering cutting dremeling sawzalling prying racheting elbow grease and scrapes and bruises took place in that amount of time...lemme tell you

so 2nd bolt was seized too... and i messed up thread trying to hammer it out.... temporary fixed it for now..... ordered new hardware (again) should be in tomorrow morning...
got a bigger sawzall with a new blade for that last one... i have alot of hatred on that one bolt left.....  so frustrated

on a brighter note:  I be in puerto rico for the next 5 days for vacation Smiley

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 12:12:53 AM »

man im soo excited to pick my camber kit later on this week! not too excited about the fact, that i know itll be a bitch! to install

Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 01:39:52 PM »

Quote from: "NWINNIE34"
this project can be a giant WHORE if your car decides to let you have it

Haha!  I hear you.  When I did mine I think I managed to take one bolt out without having to cut it or torch it off.  

For this reason:
BUY REPLACEMENT HARDWARE BEFORE YOU DO THE INSTALL!  Smiley

That's what I did so I didn't have to worry about destroying the hardware.

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 03:08:39 PM »

^good advice.  I haven't decided if i want to do this install on my own yet.  i'm awaiting arrival of my kit that i ordered from ultrarev last week.

-brian
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 06:39:14 PM »

That's exactly what I did also.  It's always a good idea to get spare hardware if they're inexpensive to replace.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 06:55:24 PM »

Quote from: "b_beau_09"
^good advice.  I haven't decided if i want to do this install on my own yet.  i'm awaiting arrival of my kit that i ordered from ultrarev last week.

If all the bolts come off easy then it's a simple install.  If they don't, prepare to curse and take your car to a shop so they can torch the bolts off.  I'd definitely give it a shot.  When you bought the kit from Ultrarev did you have any discount coupons??   :P

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 11:38:51 PM »

is it just the nuts, bolts, and washers im going to need? for the lower arm and control arm?

Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 12:15:51 AM »

Quote from: "fabulous010"
is it just the nuts, bolts, and washers im going to need? for the lower arm and control arm?

This should get you started
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... +LOWER+ARM

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 09:02:42 AM »

Quote from: "b_beau_09"

Did you order front and rear or just the rear? How much?

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 11:34:57 AM »

Milan, i didn't get any discount, but it wasn't that bad.  however, it is backordered all across the country apparently..  i ordered on 4/3/09, and it still hasn't shipped.  i called yesterday and they told me it might ship by the end of the week, but next week definitely.

Billy, I only ordered the ingalls rear camber kit.  my drop isn't low enough to really warrant a need for the front.. yet.  here'd the order summary:

Products ordered
SKU Product Item price Quantity Total

38725-4 Ingalls SmartArm Rear Adjustable Lower Links (Rubber) Replaces Both Lower Arms Honda Accord 2003-2006 Adj Range:-1-1/2° to +3°  $64.29   2 $128.58  
Subtotal:  $128.58    
Shipping cost:  $11.62    

Total:  $140.20  

-brian
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012