Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:55:08 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UHP All-Season Tires vs. UHP Summer Tires  (Read 3268 times)
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2009, 01:06:45 AM »

For the average driver is there any "real" difference between a UHP All-Season vs. a UHP Summer tire? I've heard people say that the UHP A-S tires have become so good there is no reason to buy a true summer tire unless you plan to take your car to a track. I've read that a summer tire will be noisier and give you slightly better steering response....but is this worth it for the daily driver?

Thoughts and comments?
rocketstarter

Reputation Power: 3
rocketstarter pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 09:55:44 PM »

seriously. I've driven the S-Drives in sleet and no problems here. If you know how to drive you can predict how a tire will behave.

“I like my coffee like I like my women. In a plastic cup.”

S60R NO MO

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 2 K
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 12:34:07 AM »

The big difference between UHP Summer and UHP All Season is the tread wear rating. The UHP All season will have a higher treadwear rating because of the compounds use to make it an all season. UHP Summers will usually have better grip on dry roads. UHP All Season will do better in rain and light snow. Now the question is, what type of area do you live in, and what type of driving do you do. If its a daily driving type of ordeal, I would get the UHP All Season for the reason that they would last longer then the UHP Summer.
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 12:49:07 AM »

Quote from: "MyNameIsThien"
The big difference between UHP Summer and UHP All Season is the tread wear rating. The UHP All season will have a higher treadwear rating because of the compounds use to make it an all season. UHP Summers will usually have better grip on dry roads. UHP All Season will do better in rain and light snow. Now the question is, what type of area do you live in, and what type of driving do you do. If its a daily driving type of ordeal, I would get the UHP All Season for the reason that they would last longer then the UHP Summer.

Thanks Thien, you answered my question.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012