Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:42:27 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Freak Tire Deflation  (Read 6127 times)
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2009, 01:16:04 PM »

So last night me and my buddy Dave went out to Arby's for some food. no problems on the drive there. Flash forward to us going back out (around an hour or so later). I pull out of my girlfriend's driveway and notice my car is pulling to the left and my front driver side tire is flat.

I pull over and look at it and decide it has just lost air and I can make it to the nearest gas station without a blowout.

I made it to the gas station with my tire whizzing away from being so low on air, and filled the tire up to about 60 psi to see how fast it was losing air.

I then decided it was just a freak air loss and that my tire was not loosing any air anymore.

I drove to my friend's house to pick something up and then back to my parents house to drop Dave off and then back to my girlfriend's house. (About 50 miles round trip) and still no tire trouble.

Today, I went to look at my car and alas the same tire is flat again.

This has to be a tiny, tiny, tiny little puncture. I have no bent rims and have not hit any bad potholes lately. I dunno what happened.

Any ideas on what could cause this? Surely there must be some sort of road hazard in my tire...
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 01:43:52 PM »

I would take the wheel off the car, and make a soap and water solution and put it all over the wheel and tire. Look for bubbles, and you found you leak.
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 02:13:13 PM »

^^^What L-Mike said. Soap that bitch up and inspect for leaks. Sorry to hear this is happening Steve. Tire trouble is never fun :(

JC04accord

Reputation Power: 1
JC04accord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 02:56:56 PM »

I had the same thing happened to me.  There ended up being a piece of metal in my tire.  I walk out to see my tire really low fill it up at a gas station and made my way home.  It was really late so no tire places were open I parked the car expecting to see it flat in the morning and alas it was still inflated.  Took it to the tire shop and they found some piece of metal problem solved.
Rustywaffle

Reputation Power: 1
Rustywaffle pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 04:00:21 PM »

check out the schrader valve inside he valve stem, i have seen them come loose, and would explain why it deflates without a puncture

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 04:36:05 PM »

Yeah, it's either punctured or the valve is loose.  I remember one time I had a leak in my tire, when I went to fill it up, I found the leak was in the valve stem.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 05:01:05 PM »

i was watching my car a day after i got my new tires put on and when i passed the cloth by the valve stem i found a big leak

took it back to tire kingdom for them to correct their mistake

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 05:23:41 PM »

Why were you watching your car with a cloth?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 05:39:33 PM »

How were you holding this cloth while watching your car together!
Philly Steve

Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 06:17:21 PM »

Got it patched, musta been a nail hole or something. pointless thread.
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 06:51:11 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Yeah, it's either punctured or the valve is loose.  I remember one time I had a leak in my tire, when I went to fill it up, I found the leak was in the valve stem.

What he said.  You either have a small puncture or the valve stem is leaking.
nexTOme
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
nexTOme pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 08:14:44 PM »

Quote from: "Philly Steve"
Got it patched, musta been a nail hole or something. pointless thread.

Quote from: "clapton924"
Quote from: "timot_one"

What he said.  You either have a small puncture or the valve stem is leaking.

LOL not reading = fail.
pwnd.
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 08:57:59 PM »

Did you have to rebalance the wheel if they patched it? Just curious because I remember you JB Weld the center caps on and wondering how that went :D
Philly Steve

Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 11:44:43 PM »

Quote from: "skizot"
Did you have to rebalance the wheel if they patched it? Just curious because I remember you JB Weld the center caps on and wondering how that went :D

Yeah! It went well actually, I just put a screwdriver on the inside and gave it a good tap with a hammer and it came right off. I even JB welded it back on. Looks like it's just a small extra step i'll have to take before each balance. It was a lot less of a pain in the ass than I thought though. Totally worth my aftermarket wheels saying H. FTW.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012