Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:53:30 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The K-Pro Thread  (Read 92057 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: January 26, 2011, 07:42:30 AM »

I'm not sure who did the JRSC tune, but I know it was in an EP3 that made 325 whp with the same motor set up I have.  I haven't had that problem with my car though and my threshold is set to 87 kpa. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
TheGrayCM
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
TheGrayCM pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2011, 02:21:47 AM »

Anyone ever have a problem with their car passing 4000rpm w/ Kpro? I had this problem before when my car was N/A but when I disabled the VTC on Kpro, everything was fine and went passed 4000. Im currently running a turbo setup with Cham's Jumper Harness and now I seem to have run into the same problem. I went to take it to Church Automotive to see if Daniel, the guy that will do my dyno could figure out the problem. What he did was datalog to see if all the sensors were workin and found that when Kpro gave me P1259 Vtec Oil Pressure Switch Malfunction code, that the CAM and CAMCMD angles went to 0 degrees. He cleared the error code, revved the car passed 4000rpm and the Cam angles went to where they should be reading. 10sec later, code comes on again, Cam angles go back to 0, Rpm drops and bounce off 4000. If any of you have had this problem or know of this, Please let me know if you guys can help a brotha out. Ive been wanting to dyno this beast for a couple weeks now, but if the problem keeps persisting then Im just gonna have to take everything out. Also, How do you get the A/C to blow cold air again. I know I have to wire up a switch but to what? dying with this hot weather comin in. Please, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
 05 Accord M/T
-02-04 PND Kpro w/ Cham Harness
-Revhard Manifold w/ Tial 38mm WG, 7lb spring
-Hondata Boost Solenoid
-Garrett Gt3071r
-750cc RC Injectors
-255lph Walbro Fuel Pump
-Custom crushed 3" Exhaust
-Custom IC piping with Godspeed Intercooler
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: March 12, 2011, 06:27:32 PM »

I had a similar problem a long time ago with my old motor and  it wouldn't rev past 6000 rpm, but when I switched to a different map it was resolved.  I also had an issue with my vtec solenoid a while ago too.  I'd try replacing the pressure switch on your vtec solenoid.  I have a few lying around if you need one.  It may take me a while to find them since I just moved all my stuff about 900 miles and I'm still unpacking.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
TheGrayCM
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
TheGrayCM pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2011, 11:34:30 PM »

I actually just ordered the K-tuned harness so I gotta wait til next week when it comes in. When should the pressure switch be changed out? I have about 120k miles on the car.

I had a similar problem a long time ago with my old motor and  it wouldn't rev past 6000 rpm, but when I switched to a different map it was resolved.  I also had an issue with my vtec solenoid a while ago too.  I'd try replacing the pressure switch on your vtec solenoid.  I have a few lying around if you need one.  It may take me a while to find them since I just moved all my stuff about 900 miles and I'm still unpacking.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 16, 2011, 02:26:43 PM »

Replace as necessary. Those things aren't mileage specific.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: March 16, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »

I'm with Stupid

Tim
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2014, 12:48:34 PM »

I have a question, is the only reason we have to use a dual ecu harness, or Tims setup for Kpro is because the cluster would not work?

I ask because I plan to swap in a k24a2, now would it be easier to just swap the clusters and or use the tsx harness in conjuntion with a setup like that? The dimensions on the clusters would be close if not the same I would think. I'm planning on picking up the motor out of a rear wrecked tsx from a local auto yard. Motor sounds great and the car drives well minus being smashed in the rear (from the videos anyways.) So I guess my question is should I grab the harness, cluster, and ecu while i'm at it?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: May 09, 2014, 04:03:26 PM »

That stuff won't really make a difference. You can't KPro a TSX ECU. Another issue is that the TSX has a DBW TB.

Honestly, I'd grab the motor and the harness. I don't think you'll be able to use the cluster and ECU for anything though.

Tim
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 12, 2014, 11:35:35 AM »

even the harness will be useless, you will need the engine harness, dash harness, gauges, kpro'ed ecu and throttle body from a rsx-s.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 12, 2014, 11:36:17 AM »

or you could just buy my honda that has all that work done and some more for what you would end up spending to have all that done.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012