Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:54:45 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tein SS-P spring upgrade  (Read 11524 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2016, 09:48:23 PM »

I currently have a set of tein ss-p installed and have been rocking it for a couple years. For awhile, I ran the damping at about mid way for most that time but lately, I decided to run around at a stiffer setting and am thoroughly enjoying it. Now, I wonder how detrimental it would be to upgrade from the stock 9kg/mm front and 6kg/mm rear to something a bit stiffer. Say switching to 2kg/mm stiffer front and rear. Thoughts?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 10:23:59 PM »

It's all about the comfort you want. Stiffer spring rates are great for track cars, but suck for daily drivers. You've got to ask yourself if you're willing to give up some comfort and figure out exactly what you plan on gaining by running stiffer springs.

Even though you've adjusted the damping on the SS-P I'm curious to know how noticeable it really is? I can't really tell the difference in my comfort sports, but they also have very low spring rates (6k/4k).

I think the damping adjustment only affects the compression or rebound on the Tein SS-P, but not both. It may be a good idea to contact Tein about it and see what they say and how it will affect the handling.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 10:55:13 PM »

I believe it adjusts the compression as it does stiffen up over dips and other road irregularities. I want to compare the feel of it to my old f2 type 1's but still much more comfortable. I know going to something stiffer is a sacrifice but I have no intention of going to something ridiculous like some of those stance guys do running 16k front and 14k rear just so the lips of their wheels don't contact body panels. Just something slightly stiffer than what I currently have that still has some compromise. As for damping, I don't bother running anything softer than halfway. Way too mushy for my tastes. I think I will contact Tein and see what they have to say. Hopefully they don't give me some shit about them being old and whatever other stuff I don't care to hear.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 12:42:35 PM »

Got my answer.

"Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your inquiry and in TEIN High Performance Suspension Products.

The SSP coilover application would be able to be used with a 1 kg higher spring rate in the front as we do not carry a 11 kg spring rate the rear can be used with a 2 kg higher spring rate without having to revalve on the actual suspension anything greater then that we would recommend to send it in for a revalve."

There was more in the email regarding asking for part numbers on the dampers and shit like that to help locate appropriate springs.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012