Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:48:02 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Access to CAN bus and Passthru firewall  (Read 4756 times)
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
bian.yy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 29, 2016, 12:35:21 AM »

Hi All

I bought a 08 tsx ecu to run a K24A2 engine on my 07 accord 2.4. The 08 tsx ecu is communicated via CAN BUS network to HONDA diagnostic devices to pair ecu and immobilizer, thus

I'm going to connect to CAN H and CAN L of body electric network to DLC connector to have this to be implemented.

I checked the CAN BUS junction connector C555 which besize passenger side airbag, the connector is really hard to access from down up by side of glove box. I've tried to disassemble the panel of passenger side airbag cover, as the airbag cable is tighten on frame, it can't be move for more space to acess C555 from top down. I don't want to  cut all of things to make one thing happen.

Dose any one know how can I access to CAN BUS network from any other locations? I know the network connects gauge, vsa and ecu together.

-----------------------------

Another question, what is the best way to pass some wires through firewall without any scratch risk? The hole location? and how's the protection approach? I don't like the way who just drill a hole and throught the wires out, I like safe/professional method.

Cheers!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 08:29:55 AM »

I have a CAN converter in my ECU and everything was on my engine harness. You should find out where those wires lead to in the cabin of your car and try and connect them there. You could also disconnect the battery and remove the airbag completely for access.

As far as passing wires through the firewall, I passed a lot of my wiring through the firewall where the engine harness is. There's enough room to add more words through the rubber boot of the firewall grommet. I found that removing the engine harness from the car make it easier to run the new wires.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 10:43:08 PM »

I'd, disconnect the battery and access the connector after moving the air bag. I've seen some euro r flashpro users splice into the pins near the ecu. Hondata does not recommend that because of the extra resistance created in the wire.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012