Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:56:58 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: harness for k24a2 with 6mt when swapping it into accord 07 2.4 AT  (Read 9226 times)
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
bian.yy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2015, 08:04:17 PM »

For the purpose swapping k24a2 into a 2.4 AT 07 Accord,I guess 2.4MT Accord engine harness is the best for it? I think accord MT harness should be same with TSX MT as I checked workshop manual, for fitting position on chassis of these 2 harness, the one from accord should be perfectly fitting and it's cheaper as well.
Can any one correct me on this?
By the way, the only ECM I can find on ebay is 040506 TSX MT,I cant find 0708 MT ECM.So I will not have chance to run Fpro in future?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 08:43:45 PM »

The engine harnesses are not the same between the Accord and TSX. The Accord is a two piece wire harness and the TSX is a 1 piece wire harness. The real question is if you're trying to do an AT to MT swap. If you are only doing an engine swap, you can keep your existing engine harness. If you are doing an engine and transmission swap, you will probably want to swap harnesses with whatever is less expensive, but will match the transmission.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

bian.yy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 10:02:41 PM »

The engine harnesses are not the same between the Accord and TSX. The Accord is a two piece wire harness and the TSX is a 1 piece wire harness. The real question is if you're trying to do an AT to MT swap. If you are only doing an engine swap, you can keep your existing engine harness. If you are doing an engine and transmission swap, you will probably want to swap harnesses with whatever is less expensive, but will match the transmission.
Tim, from my understand accord MT 07 and TSX mt have same pinout on ABCDE connectors, the differences maybe 1 piece and 2 piece physical looking, if they have identical connectors for ecu side and sensor side, i do not have reason to order a tsx harness? Accord should be easier for installing on chassis brackets and go through firewall? Mine is AT, Im going to order k24a2 engine and 6mt, with a 07 accord manual harness and tsx 05 mt ECM for reverse lock. 

Please correct me.
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

bian.yy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 08:39:57 AM »

Tim, fitting tsx 1 piece harness to cm chassis is easy or not?any modification need?
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 10:57:19 PM »

I'm in the process of planning the same swap. I have a 2003 coupe AT and trying to put a MT K24a2.

I will be using Honda Accord MT harnesses. My reasoning is simply the harness was designed to fit the chassis while you might be able to use a TSX harness because of similar pin outs but you might have to extend/shorten some wires.

From my research so far, the k24a4 and k24a2 have sensors located in the same exact places. Some sensors might have different connectors between the two engines so you might need to swap some Accord sensors to the TSX engine.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 07:15:56 AM »

The only difference with the connections from an Accord MT and TSX MT harness is that the TSX has a connection for the reverse lock out on the transmission and the TSX harness doesn't have a IACV connector.

Sensors are the exact same besides those two differences.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 05:54:29 PM »

Oh yeah I forgot about the reverse lockout.

Btw, my TSX motor was delivered the other day Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012