Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:28:36 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn Signal Issue  (Read 9080 times)
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2015, 09:41:27 PM »

So my turn signals work properly when the hazards are on or when indicating left or right. However, the left one does not function when pressing the lock or unlock buttons on the remote or when the headlights are turned on. I have checked my fuses, I've tried different bulbs. Any ideas on what it could be?

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 11:14:33 PM »

So, the parking light on the left side isn't working? Have you checked the wiring?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 11:19:45 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by 'parking light'. When using the left turning signal, the bulb blinks, when using the hazards, the left bulb blinks. When pressing unlock, only the right bulb blinks. When turning headlights to the on position, the bulb of the right turning signal works, but the left does not turn on. I'm not sure if I'm being clear, enough, does that help?

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 11:47:32 PM »

The light you're talking about is the parking light, not the turn signal. If you pay attention to the right side, you'll notice that the parking light turns on with your headlights and then it gets brighter with the right turn signal. It's a dual filament bulb, so it's like 2 bulbs in one. Seems like a wiring issue.

Have you checked the wiring or tested it?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 03:18:30 PM »

check the bulbs. the signal bulbs has 2 filaments.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 04:55:14 PM »

Did you use led bulbs ? sometimes they parking and turn signal are inversed, you got to mod the wiring. Happened on mine, the bulbs acted like there was no logic

Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 07:45:18 PM »

Naw, they were regular bulbs. Figured it out though, a connection was loose in the actual bulb adapter.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 08:04:54 PM »

Naw, they were regular bulbs. Figured it out though, a connection was loose in the actual bulb adapter.

Knew it was something with the wiring. Glad you got it figured out.

Tim
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 08:44:26 PM »

Good ! Troubleshooting electric issues can be painful, good thing you figured it out

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012